Saturday, October 11, 2003
2 Cas today, one for physio and one for biochem. Sigh, the biochem CA was a downright disaster. I'll be happy if I actually pass. This is going to be such a humbling failure.
Oh well, I'm only human. I'm no genius.
Right. The "genius" thing. Why do we like going around calling each other "genius"? I do suppose it’s meant as a mutual compliment system. After all, it's quite pleasing to have your academic efforts acknowledged by others, and to also acknowledge the efforts of others, so we go around praising each other and boosting our egos. Without such encouragement, we would hardly have the drive to slog everyday through textbooks, memorizing seemingly useless facts.
Seriously, though, I don't think I'm a genius. I recognize that my peers are also brilliant. People like P, S and L are easily better than me. But genius is a word I wouldn't ascribe to them. I feel that we are simply too young and inexperienced to be called geniuses. The professors and clinicians are the true geniuses, for they’ve been through tough times and good times, and they've persevered through them all and held on to their passion, and they've accumulated so much wisdom, so much knowledge, to be truly respectable in their own rights. They are the true geniuses.
Avaris / 10/11/2003 07:41:00 PM
0 consumed