CONSUMED. by avaris
Some men make fortunes, but not to enjoy them; for, consumed by avarice, they live to make fortunes

[ about ]

"Tout le monde voit, peu de personnes savent observer - All the world sees, but few truly observe"



[ gallery ]

Shoot for the Future

My Flickr Photos



[ links ]

Sinfest
MIMS Online
UpToDate
It's A Zoo Out There
Mr Wang Says So
theonlinecitizen
Yawning Bread



[ friends' blogs ]

13 hours to love
alvin
belinda
CG
cheesie
cover me in ashes
elpis
gfmozart
jack
jiabin
jonnybaby
lvacation
mezza
plhu
raphael
raymond
w33mz
xiuling
xueling



[ archives ]


September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
September 2010
October 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
November 2011
December 2011
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
February 2014
June 2014
July 2014
October 2014
December 2014
March 2015
June 2015
October 2015
December 2015
March 2016




[ current read ]

The Emperor of All Maladies
A Biography of Cancer

(Siddharta Mukherjee)




[ current anime ]

---


Thursday, October 23, 2003

Now that the serious stuff's over, I suppose I'll just scatter a few mundane comments in my entry, considering that I've not put in an entry in a loooong time (pre-CA preparations being the formal reason - actually it's because I'm lazy haha).

I'm so thankful they had Forbidden City on Arts Central on Monday. It's really good. Dick Lee has really outdone himself, and the lyrics by Stephen Clark are beautifully done. A marvellously done musical, with a heartmoving end. Sigh, I'm such a sucker for tragic family dramas (jia1 ting2 lun2 li3 da4 bei1 ju4 as they say in chinese).

Deepavali holiday! Hmm, there's a section outing tomorrow. I'm not really inclined to go, but I've missed too many section outings, and I don't really want to be anti-social, but now that I'm out of the army I don't want to talk about the army anymore if I can help it. At least Jason and Chien Wei are going, so it won't be dominated by officers and specs (I really must get down to talking about my complex with commanders some day). I just hope Rong Lun is going - haven't seen him in such a long time; wonder how he's doing. But Breeks is so expensive on a holiday..maybe I can persuade them to go to fins and feathers instead. Haha I'm so manipulative I can't stand myself.

Just watched the last episode of fu4 gui4 zai4 tian1 (I think it lasted some 120 odd episodes - quite insane). As I said before, I'm a real sucker for these family tearjerkers. I remember in J1, when I was watching tai4 yang2 hua1. Now that was the most tragic Taiwanese soap I've ever watched - a lot of main characters died very tragically. Then there was tian1 xia4 hou4 mu3 xin1, which was very touching as well. But after a while, you realise that the storylines are almost the same for every show, and so you only have to watch one when Channel U runs three everyday. It's all about unrequited love, revenge, karma and retribution, yet they make such a tantalising mix that it's impossible to stop watching, especially the last few episodes, where everyone starts dying very tragically. Another thing about Taiwanese serials - you can just watch the last few episodes and still just about understand the whole story - all 100 odd episodes worth of it.

CA was not very good, even though I thought it was a bit easier than CA2. Argh, and to think I was taking Prof Raj's advice "not to think too deeply". I'll be very irritated if I get those ambiguous questions wrong. It's so terrible to have negative marking - you keep suspecting the questions are out to trick you unsuspecting into a wrong move. Is that the way they train future doctors - to keep second-guessing ourselves? Very inappropriate.

I think this is more than enough for one day haha - it's a little excessive.

Avaris / 10/23/2003 05:56:00 PM

0 consumed