Friday, October 10, 2003
Oh, no. I just found out that P's birthday was yesterday and no one knew. So terrible of me…
I've been thinking about how I feel towards Mr. Vulgar, or MV for short. Call it what you want, but I have this feeling that he is the exact kind of person that hates my guts. Our personalities are just quite incompatible. Honestly, I don't find him very likeable as well.
Firstly, I feel that MV is a person who has no tolerance for whiners, and if there's one thing I'm not, it's a person who doesn't grumble or whine. I can't help it. Even though I try to stop myself from doing it too much, I will lapse into whiny mode once in a while. I feel that he's a person who can't stand people like me, who are more in touch with their emotional side. I don't feel that there's anything wrong with that, but once in a while I meet people who give me that kind of vibe, like Jem Wang, so I tend to stay away from such people. Don't tell me what the vibe feels like, I just feel it in the way they look at me, and sometimes when I try to reach across I bump into a icy cold wall. That's how I know. And I do know better than to go on hitting that wall, if you know what I mean.
And I really don't appreciate MV's sarcasm sometimes. It's like he's trying to be funny, but he's so not funny. Jon Ng's sarcasm was funny, but not MV's. And his blatant use of vulgarities as well. I cannot stand vulgarities at all. By the way, that's the reason I call him Mr. Vulgar.
Whatever it is, I don't feel like I need a friend like him bad enough to put up with his irritating behaviour, so I can't really be bothered with him.
Sometimes, I feel like a Rafflesian chauvinist. Rafflesian meaning from RI, not RJC. I don't know why, but non-Rafflesians tend to give me bad vibes, so much so that I end up disliking them even before I get to know them. I tend to be more tolerant of Rafflesians, however, and no matter how much I dislike a fellow Rafflesian, there's always a mutual respect that I have for him. I wonder if it's because being in RI for 4 years created these imperceptible interrelationships between us or something, or I'm just weird and brainwashed. Don't take me seriously, just ignore me. The above is only true for guys though. Girls don't really tend to be dislikeable.
Avaris / 10/10/2003 07:49:00 PM
0 consumed