Sunday, November 02, 2003
Another weekend is upon us, and my mind is again loaded with crappy musings to irrigate the fertile soils of my weblog... But first, as tradition dictates, I shall relate interesting events that have happened recently.
Yesterday was a well-packed day, with PDP in the morning, following which I adjourned to Charmain's house for her birthday party.
I have made up my mind - being extremely fed up with my PDP tutor Dr Mark Da Costa for cancelling 3 PDP sessions - to join another PDP group. Thus, I joined George's PDP group, which was a very refreshing change from my original group, there being only 7 people in contrast to 16, thus allowing for a greater degree of interaction and less interference. Dr Tagore, the PDP tutor of my new group, is also a welcome change, being extremely amiable. He impresses with the wisdom that sparkles in his cheerful eyes, explains concepts very well and does not expect overmuch from us, enhancing greatly the learning process without undue stress. Haha, I made it sound like some glorious testimonial, but I'm seriously very impressed. Dr Da Costa can go chew on his scalpels for all I care. And internal medicine is so much more interesting than Surgery, in my humble opinion. =)
Mahjong galore at Charmain's house yesterday! It has been so long since all of us came together and had so much fun (well, maybe not a lot of us, but it was fun). Much gossip was exchanged over dinner, to great amusement, shock and chagrin, as well as delight to my gossipmonger alter-ego. And I find myself pondering over thought-provoking insights into the personalities of some of my classmates, whom I did not get the chance to know well in my JC days. I saw a different side to them yesterday throughout the time I spent at the party, and rebuked myself for judging people too soon. It was indeed a day well spent, being both enjoyable and socially enriching at the same time. A day to remember...
I have heard from WM that my joke is being widely circulated among the Medical Faculty, and am quite appalled at such blatant plagiarism. Ah, maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but I would think that a joke as popular as such should warrant some recognition, no? It all boils down to an egocentrism that is regrettably asserting its malignant influence even now. So for the record, I created the elephant joke okay? Think of me when you hear it. If you haven't heard it yet, feel free to ask yours truly.
Speaking of WM, it seems that his weblog is truly getting on track and holds a certain pertinence, if not for the rather incomprehensible sentence structure that appears occasionally. I do wonder how difficult it will be to add the comment pop-up on my weblog, considering my illiteracy in code and all. But it is a tempting prospect, though truly I do not forsee anyone bothering to comment on what is evidently a boringly verbose dictation - that is what this entry is turning out to be. I have no idea why I'm being so terse today. Maybe it's just one of my notorious mood swings again, since I am quite incapable of shaking this irritating style of writing off. My sincere apologies.
Interesting thought: If Manhattan is in the United States, why do the people in the Manhattan card advertisement speak with British accents? Recall - "Manhattan belongs to me!" Is there a Manhattan in the UK?
Avaris / 11/02/2003 03:42:00 PM
0 consumed