Sunday, February 08, 2004
Haha I think I'm perversely bored today. After all the CA-that-incurs-nightmares-of-blanking-out-and-nosebleeds (sorry w33mz) is over. Oh my goodness it feels almost like we have just completed our First Professionals or something. Ah I feel so delightfully decadent, although only just decadent enough for my standards (whatever that means).
Right. I'm babbling. You do realise that my blog has, rather regretfully, fallen to stunning new depths of banality this side of purple-dom. Mwahahaha. Maybe I like being stupid once in a while and just write reams of senseless blah that drives my more sagely compatriates nuts. And notice that I've picked up Prof KDR's frustrating little habit of using big words inappropriately. There is some kind of wicked farcical enjoyment in this, and I am honestly very addicted.
So I shall continue with my little tirade.
I think Ong WY is hopeless. No apologies to people from his tutorial group. I believe all of you also agree that he is quite pathetic and try to make up weak excuses for his incapability, just like I say "Oh I think Dr D is quite a good tutor". Ha. Who are we trying to kid? The truth is as plain as food from Frontier, and we are but trying to comfort ourselves for our terrible luck. Sigh. For the recalcitrant ones who refuse to see the light, let me present the evidence against Ong.
(1) He reads his lecture verbatim from his Powerpoint slides.
Erm excuse me if I'm wrong, but if you're going to read everything out from your slides you might as well print it and save us one hour of politely pretending to be paying attention while desperately studying GIT physiology (or whatever you happened to be reading at that time)
(2) He's sounds like he got his external laryngeal nerve sectioned.
The least you could do while reading out every single word of your presentation is to have a little variation in your tone and not sound like a mangled reading program. That just bores people to oblivion.
(3) He uses the same ugly Powerpoint template as Prof Jeya. (The one with lots of gears, in case you weren't around for his lecture, in which case I would congratulate you for your foresight)
Case in point.
(4) He is so incompetent even my dear first tutor Dr George Yip didn't bother to turn up.
Dr Yip has, in my memory, turned up for almost every Anatomy pre-lab lecture no matter who the lecturer was. This is a particularly indicative point.
Do you think I'm being unnecessarily venomous here? Well then probably you should go somewhere else because I might just outdo myself today. Mwahahaha.
I admit that if I were to be standing in front of a 200 odd strong audience of tittering people I probably wouldn't be a stunningly good lecturer either, but that does not stop me from saying what I feel because I really don't care. And I think that he could certainly do much better. You could say that criticism is all for the good of the one being criticised, but unfortunately you know as well as I do that this is a bit more than criticism. Ah of all days to defend myself today should be the last so I shall say no more in futile justification.
I might say, in conclusion to this anti-Ong tirade, that I am terribly worried that he will be teaching us neuroscience in M2. With hope he will be a better lecturer by then.
I found this really interesting blog today, thanks to the Genius. Really brightens up your day sometimes, reading all that seeming nonsense. But truthfully it wasn't nonsense, so I must say I am very impressed by the cleverness of it all.
Oh yes if you are still ignorant about the phenomenon that has taken Medfac by storm (though I wouldn't really say it's that much of a phenomenon - more like a oh-did-you-know-about-blahblah? kind of thing) here's the
link. Happy reading and you'll be most probably quite astounded by the *ahem* "creativity" of some people. As well as the time that they have considering they have more CAs than we do. Oh well. Quite amusing, all the same. All your favourite characters from the LTs 28 and 29 in one story of epic proportions. Do enjoy.
I think Physiology is pretty amazing. I think it was Tuesday night when I managed to finish reading GIT physio that I was hit by this incredible wave of realization. I mean, Respiratory Physio, Cardiovascular Physio, Renal Physio and GIT Physio can be said to be the 4 Pillars of Physiology (barring perhaps Neurology which is also very important), and, at that moment I felt that, to know all 4 Pillars intimately was to hold physiology within my hand. Quite laughable, but I felt incredibly powerful, almost like (and pardon me here for the blasphemy) god. What a terribly seductive thing power is. And at the same time I was amazed by the marvel of creation; that such a beautifully engineered complex of interdependent systems such as the human body could exist must be nothing short of miraculous. I'm not a religious person (far from it) so I shall not wax more lyrical, but suffice it to say that the burden of that power is not an easy one.
Lalala. I think I shall go and sleep now. I feel very pleasant to have been so thoroughly detestful. Maybe it's the effect of too much American Idol on my system. Oh yes if you're interested you can check out the overnight sensation William Hung
here.
Avaris / 2/08/2004 10:15:00 PM
0 consumed