Thursday, February 26, 2004
I am so not studying for the next two CAs and I feel really uneasy about it. But there is just this humongous inertia that I cannot seem to get over. I know this may offend some people out there but I wish I did not do so well for my CA8 because now I have no motivation to study at all. I realise that is the way it has always been throughout my academic career. I always study very hard and get duly compensated for my efforts by scoring splendidly, but I invariably complacent after that and my results start dipping until I realise I had better start studying again and thus I start going up again. It is like some kind of cycle which I would like to break out of, but I really think I do not have enough willpower to do that. I am very irritated. I should be studying. Oh well, hopefully I will get enough motivation from dreadful CA9 and CA10 results to start me studying hard for the First Professionals. What a thought.
I think the great one has some rather delightfully wicked schemes hatching in that brilliant mind of his. I think they are not very nice things to do to people, especially when you know them personally, but still I think they are quite cleverly planned and could possibly make for a very nice show to watch if performed with finesse, which I have no doubt he can accomplish very well. After all, it is not as if I am particularly attached to that monocotyledonous-blade-swaying-in-the-wind of a person, eh? Wahaha I have not felt so delighted in a long time. How I do miss scheming and plotting (not that I am any good at it, because I tend to get too excited).
I feel rather irrational because I am possessed of a certain mad adulation of Prof Shali Shen. It is something akin to the adulation I have for Prof Hooi, but then again Prof Hooi is Prof Hooi and Shali Shen is not really that good. Yet I think she is a marvellous tutor. Did I mention I feel irrational? I mean, despite the fact that she is PRC and cannot really articulate very well, I can feel, from the way she speaks, that she is very sincere about teaching and the subject, unlike some other lecturers who are so jaded and indifferent they would not bat an eyelid if they found the LT full of Bangladeshi workers (not that they would notice in the first place; their eyes would be glued to their Powerpoint presentations). And that is why I think she is really good, because I think she puts in an extra effort that all of us can be witness to, and thus the least we could do to repay her for her efforts is to give her the respect she deserves. I mean, look at today: We were the last group for her tutorial not only for the day but also for the entire week and unlike other tutors we have had she did not complain about talking about the same problems all the time nor act very bored and tired. Instead she was still quite upbeat and very enthusiastic about making us understand the topic.
For her greatness as a tutor, I salute Prof Shali Shen, sincerely. Perhaps I will set up an unofficial Shali Shen Fan Club (Ok, I'm just joking there). But honestly, she is good. Wonderful. She has joined the ranks of Prof Hooi and Prof Peter Hwang in the Halls of Exalted Physio Tutors.
Which is more than I can say about other Physio tutors whom the Medical Faculty could really do better without. I am still wondering if I should go for the Endocrine tutorial tomorrow. After all, I think Rune (names have been changed to protect the innocent, namely, me, from legal prosecution for slander) is the fount of fundamental evil. He just emanates this aura of wickedness that is intolerable. And he certainly has the Dongfang Bubai-ish voice to match that evil aura. I can just imagine his hissing in vicious pleasure. Oh well, I suppose people like him are necessary in the world to show us what evil is (see previous entry) so we can exalt tutors like Shali Shen (my
shen).
Shali! Shali! Shali! You are the best!
I hope Rune is not in the habit of perusing weblogs of NUS students. Nah, I don't think he has enough time in addition to the amount he spends hatching devious plots to use us as experimental subjects in the testing of "innovative" teaching methods and assessment frequency.
I accede that I am making him sound worse (ok, ok, a
lot worse) that he actually is. No apologies though. The simple reason being, this is much more fun than being a prudent perfect student and making politically correct statements about everything. HAH!
Avaris / 2/26/2004 10:00:00 PM
0 consumed