Monday, April 26, 2004
Aye, my nose, aye, my nose, aye
I suppose this day is a little more significant than other days, but then again as orionway said a day of it's kind comes only once in a lifetime so I suppose every day is significant and special in its own way. But I'm digressing. So. A chapter in the novel that is my life has just been closed, and although it did not end in the way I would have liked it to end, I do not suppose I can go back and rewrite it. What else can one do but to accept it and go on to the next chapter? It is not always that we agree with an author on his choice of resolution for a story, but we are at such times so impotent even in our disagreement that it might be better to save the effort and accept it.
So. What I am feeling now is a sense of release from the bonds of one chapter and freedom to do whatever I wish before being chained by the next. It is rather regretful, though, that that pleasure should be marred by some insipid formalisations of concepts that all people have acquired at some time or another in their lives such that it is already ingrained in our subconscious. Such irrelevance is very irksome. The Rune of KD should be incarcerated in a flaming prison filled with shrieking banshees for his incredibly inane ideas. Or worse, but my imagination is rather limited at the moment.
I'm glad things worked out fine about that problem that I was having. It's amazing sometimes how much little talking can do for the better when it is such a deceptively simple activity. To say more would be excessive, less would be insufficient, for the importance this has in my heart. As long as we understand each other well, that should be enough.
Thanks to plhu for lending me the Fruits Basket VCDs =). I watched 7 episodes this afternoon heh. I'm still amazed at how touching this simple anime is. I finished downloading Scrapped Princess yesterday so I will have to watch that soon as well. Ah, my hard drive space is diminishing at an alarming rate, what with all my mad downloading. I must go get CD-Rs to store the anime files soon.
Other news: On to Book Three of Otherland (abysmally slow, I'm afraid) and finally got my hand on War of the Flowers, so I will read that after finishing Book Four of Otherland. Tad Williams is such a genius! I had almost forgotten how good he is, since it was a really long time ago that I read the Memory Sorrow and Thorn series, but he is really good. Amazing.
Tomorrow will be another boring day. I do not even want to think of PDCP.
Avaris / 4/26/2004 08:49:00 PM
0 consumed