Tuesday, April 20, 2004
Gift of the Gab
Okay, I have officially given up on trying to make my blog entry headings go in order according to a rhyme. If you thought trying to make up something on girls and boys was hard, Five for silver, Six for gold is much worse. It feels a little bit like an abandoned project though. Sigh.
YY sent me this
link, about a subrumour that the Singapore government has been placing non-gifted individuals into the gifted education programme as some kind of control group. I'm not totally sure what to make of it. The first time I read it, something snide within me went, "Oh, that answers the Big Question, doesn't it. (I think it would be in bad taste to actually tell you what the Big Question is.)" But after much thought, I realised that I was in no position to make any judgement on the gifted-ness of GEP students, since I am only an outside observer, and my view tends to be rather biased against them, considering the characters I had to put up with in Jap class when I was in Secondary One. Thus, I will not say much about it (Partly also because I do not wish to have a dozen carefully worded reprisals coming my way. One thing you learn about GEP students is that you cannot win in a battle of words with them.). An amusing article, nonetheless, though it is probably largely unsubstantiated by the accounts I have heard so far.
I was going through the rest of the site i.e. www.eatmejusteatme.com. It is some kind of blog, written by this J5 from RI, RJ called Shawn. I thought the sound bites were rather funny. However, sitting in front of the computer at one a.m. in the morning trying very hard to keep your laughter in control while reading about the author's sister using potted plants to ask for vegetables in a Japanese restaurant (in Japan, no less) makes a very pathetic sight. If my father happened to peek in, he might have thought I was having some computer-induced epileptic fit. It's nice to read someone's blog when he's witty. Thus my blog makes for very uninteresting reading. The contents of my blog are, in general (1) bitching about everything under the sun, which I must rank as my greatest hobby of all and (2) reciting my boring schedules for the week and plans for the future (which actually makes my blog some over-glorified organiser). Did I mention bitching?
Avaris / 4/20/2004 12:28:00 PM
0 consumed