Thursday, April 15, 2004
Greed is a terminal disease
Something I got off masque's blog:
Doctor Unheimlich has diagnosed me with Avaris' Syndrome |
| Cause: | cursed Japanese video |
| Symptoms: | inability to turn neck, stigmata, high blood pressure |
| Cure: | none |
|
Looks like I'm the kind to find a disease without any cure, huh. That's kind of compatible with my bleak outlook on life heh.
By the way if you noticed I removed the background music since it appeared to be the source of all the irritating pop-ups. Hopefully that helps. Apparently everyone is trying to get rid of pop-ups. Elpis removed his chatterbox for the same reason, though I wonder if that will solve the problem. Perhaps it is just some massive conspiracy that blogger is springing all these pop-ups on us without our knowledge. That's not too likely though, since some blogs like CG's are free of pop-ups. Argh I feel like Elmer Fudd. Shh. Be vewwy vewwy quiet. I'm kewwing iwwitating pop-ups. And like Elmer Fudd, failing in a spectacularly miserable manner.
I'm feeling a little envious of everyone who is making plans to go overseas for nice long leisurely holidays. Except for anywhere in Malaysia, the only other place I have gone for a holiday is Melbourne, and that was part of a Geography trip organised by RI when I was in Secondary Three. So you can see I haven't been overseas much. Then again it's not like I really need to go overseas, since it's something that can most probably be done without. I'm actually quite thankful that I've had the chance to go to Australia and to actually be on a plane when there are loads of other people out there have never taken a plane or gone anywhere further than Malaysia. I am happy for those precious experiences. It's no secret that my family isn't exactly well off, and what with my being in Medicine and all, I should be happy that I don't have to go out and work to pay for my school fees, and that I can still buy new clothes. It just feels a little wickedly funny that I will only be able to fulfill my dream of visiting Japan and finally making use of the 5 years I spent studying Japanese when I am goodness knows how old. Probably after retirement, but hopefully earlier if it's possible of course.
Erm, what was the purpose of the above paragraph? I just hope people would stop asking me where I am going for holiday. I'm
not going anywhere. Bah humbug. Haha just joking =). I just find it a bit silly to ask a question that leads into a big blank wall.
Fhoomp! It's worse when they go, "But you should go somewhere! It's the last holidays we are going to have before we forget the meaning of the word!" Errr. O-K-A-Y. So I have been told by 5,934 people before you.
But enough with all the nasty snapping already.
I think I should make some kind of reply to the mail I received from some friends, but my feelings on the matter are still quite mixed, so I cannot seem to produce anything coherent even after 2 days of thinking. If anything, I would just like to thank those three people for their mail. You know who you are. Thanks.
Avaris / 4/15/2004 04:00:00 PM
0 consumed