Monday, April 12, 2004
Pop-up Exterminators
A somewhat urgent bulletin here. I received feedback from CG that my site has some spyware code on it that is causing people who visit this blog to be plagued by a tonne of incessant and irritating pop-ups. I have checked the code thoroughly and it does not seem to have anything wrong, so if you are still suffering from this plague of pop-ups, I would suggest you try downloading Ad-aware from
www.lavasoftusa.com to get rid of the spyware programs that the site is dumping in your registry. I downloaded it myself and it's pretty useful. I am really sorry for all the inconvenience.
On other fronts, I think I have found peace in being able to accept that which I could not accept before. That really makes me feel a lot better, since it can be dreadfully destructive to have these negative energies building up in one's mind and all. I have much thanks that I must accord to my good sense since sometimes I tend to get overwhelmed by emotions that I end up doing things I will eventually regret. Luckily at most times such tendencies are curbed by my clear-headed side. One thing I have realised is that, so what if you intentionally hurt others out of spite? It does not make me any happier, only more ashamed of myself. Revenge may not necessarily be a sweet enjoyment; more a torture of the soul.
I feel like I have opened a new door. It is a truly wonderful feeling to free one's heart of the trappings of resentment and jealousy, when it is only all too easy to get trapped by such powerfully pernicious emotions. Hopefully I shall be able to learn a lesson from this and constantly remind myself not to be so narrow-minded in the future.
Tralala. I realise that over the course of the year I have enjoyed happiness many times, but today I feel for the first time a deep sense of contentment and peace. Wonderful feeling.
Avaris / 4/12/2004 10:46:00 AM
0 consumed