CONSUMED. by avaris
Some men make fortunes, but not to enjoy them; for, consumed by avarice, they live to make fortunes

[ about ]

"Tout le monde voit, peu de personnes savent observer - All the world sees, but few truly observe"



[ gallery ]

Shoot for the Future

My Flickr Photos



[ links ]

Sinfest
MIMS Online
UpToDate
It's A Zoo Out There
Mr Wang Says So
theonlinecitizen
Yawning Bread



[ friends' blogs ]

13 hours to love
alvin
belinda
CG
cheesie
cover me in ashes
elpis
gfmozart
jack
jiabin
jonnybaby
lvacation
mezza
plhu
raphael
raymond
w33mz
xiuling
xueling



[ archives ]


September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
September 2010
October 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
November 2011
December 2011
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
February 2014
June 2014
July 2014
October 2014
December 2014
March 2015
June 2015
October 2015
December 2015
March 2016




[ current read ]

The Emperor of All Maladies
A Biography of Cancer

(Siddharta Mukherjee)




[ current anime ]

---


Wednesday, July 14, 2004

The end of the beginning

It has been a long time since I last posted, has it not? I was rather surprised to find myself trying to type an entry but only producing half-hearted gibberish. I suppose I have run out of inspiration. You would be surprised how important inspiration is, when you are trying to produce blog posts that are of a certain minimum level. It is not that I perceive that others wish my posts to be of a certain standard, but that I place upon myself the requirement of attaining that standard, especially after several substandard blog posts. Do not worry, however, for I do not see blogging as a onerous chore. Instead, it is a most enjoyable hobby, made all the more enjoyable by my satisfaction at producing blog posts that meet my personal standards.

Hopefully, though, my wells of inspiration will not continually linger in this state of dessication, and I will be able to once again write as I have written before. Until then, I am afraid that I will not post as regularly.

Having said that, I realise I have made things worse for myself. By admitting that I wish my entries to be of a certain standard, I am leading my readers to expect that my forthcoming entries will be articulate, insightful posts, which indirectly causes me more woe in trying to make myself happy with the standards of my entries. Sometimes I wish I was not so much of a perfectionist.

---------------------

In today's news: China is being stupid (why am I not surprised?).

Truth be told, I cannot be totally objective when I come to this subject as I am pretty much offended by C--'s high handed manner towards other nations regarding the issue of T--'s sovereignty and the One China Policy. Thus, to prevent myself from crossing too many boundaries, I shall have to state my points in a GP-esque list.

My main point, essentially, is that C--'s behaviour is totally not befitting of a country. You would see more examples of such behaviour in our primary schools than you could hope to find on the stage of international diplomacy. Just because Party One dislikes Party Two, Party One forbids all of his/her friends (Parties Three, Four, Five and so on) from being too close to Party Two, threatening to shun the Parties who are close to Party Two. I have no idea what you might think of such behaviour, but to me it is nothing short of childish.

Childish behaviour is one thing. After all, humans are fallible beings. I know I have been guilty of such behaviour a lot of times (and actually I am a little ashamed of it). But I object to such playground tactics being used by a country. C--'s admonishment to our nation's DPM for having paid a visit to T--, saying that this visit 'will harm bilateral ties' and that 'under current circumstances, some important exchanges between China and Singapore will inevitably be affected', is obviously based on C--'s self-important opinion that all nations are afraid of C-- because of its growing power and large population and that they will accede to all of C--'s demands out of their fear of C--'s power.

Which is very true. Even the U.S. is wary of offending C--, since its growing economic strength makes it an undeniable fact that all nations around the globe will need to maintain good relations with C-- in order to make use of those links in the future. For C-- to use this as a lever to make totally ludicrous demands and accusations, however, is the most foolish thing C--'s government could ever do.

Sure, even the U.S. may reluctantly give way to you, but do you think they will ever accord you with any amount of respect when you lord it over them as you are doing now? Nations across the world might not lambast your actions in the open, but in their eyes you are nothing more than a petulant bully in the playground of international diplomacy, using your strength to force others to give way to your demands.

As I will say again, that is hardly the behaviour a rising nation should be showing to the world.

All this harping over and over again about the One China Policy makes me sick, and I believe nations across the world are also sick of hearing C-- throw it around. Get a life, C--.

---------------------

Chrno Crusade is over... The ending was heartbreaking and yet so infinitely touching. But what was with that part where Aion walks into the Vatican in 1981 and tries to assassinate the pope? Was he not killed by Chrno? Most puzzling.

But I think Aion is really cool, even though you love to hate him. Kissing just about every main female character also destroys his credibility as a villian, I think. It really is ridiculous. Despite that, he is so dashing with his white hair in a ponytail and his smart white jacket and his glasses! And the way he pushes up his glasses, with a hint of a smirk on his lips, is just a step short of being ridiculously theatrical, but still charming.

Maybe I just have a thing about characters who wear glasses, and look cooler than characters who do not. It just proves that glasses do not make a person look more nerdy or ugly.

Now I want a picture of Aion as my wallpaper!! Alex Rou pales in comparison.. =P

And all 13 episodes of Paranoia Agent have been released as well. Wonderful anime! A must-watch mind-boggler. The art is quite realistic, and is something fresh from the usual picture-perfect but not very realistic drawings in other anime.

Now I shall try to wean myself off anime, since school is beginning soon and I will not have as much time to devote to anime-watching. Already I am spending less time at my computer (w33mz will be pleased at this ^_^) and reading more. It also helps that I have three Left Behind books to finish before Saturday.

Avaris / 7/14/2004 02:45:00 PM

0 consumed