Thursday, November 04, 2004
Lost and Found
Okay I owe everybody an apology. I was just thinking that after the inexplicable disappearance of my discman and my insanely angry outburst about it, the dumbest thing that could happen was for the discman to suddenly turn up at home. Which is not entirely impossible, considering things of this nature consistently happen to me, so much so that my life seems like some stupid television show at times. So guess what, it did happen. I walked in the door today to see my discman on the table and I just could not believe what I was seeing. My mum said she found it in the sofa. In the sofa. Imagine that. How it got there, I have no idea.
I do, however, have this sneaking suspicion that I did take the discman out of my bag, although after running through my memory banks countless times I had no recollection whatsoever of doing that. Which says a lot about my rapidly diminishing short-term memory. I need help, really. And I should go find a hole to bury my head in too.
Well, I really am terribly sorry for making all of you worry about my supposedly stolen discman. Next time I should check thoroughly before making a big fuss about nothing. I am really quite happy now, though, to have found my discman. Another lesson from this is that I now appreciate my discman a lot more, even though it's old and scratched and broken. Never underestimate the value of simple everyday objects.
I feel very happy and buoyant today, even though the CAs are looming. My brother is away on a three-day camp, so I have the house to myself, with a lot more peace and quiet. And surprisingly, the U.S. elections ended without a drawn-out legal wrangle. Though I cannot stand Bush the idiot, I think he has a huge responsibility to clean up the mess he created for America, and he had better do a good job of it. So I support his re-election, and I can only pray that he has learnt something from the last four years to do a good job of it.
Arts Central is now showing anime from 11 to midnight every Wednesday to Friday starting yesterday. And it's not the usual horrible English-dubbed kind, but the Japanese-with-English-subtitles type, so I suppose it is worth a look. They are showing Twelve Kingdoms and Inuyasha; Inuyasha is not really my type, since I don't like the way the characters look (the Ranma look, I call it), but Twelve Kingdoms looks promising. I think the concept is quite similar to Fushigi Yuugi, but without the cute guys heh.
Avaris / 11/04/2004 03:04:00 PM
0 consumed