Saturday, January 22, 2005
Gundam Seed Survey
Hmm I think I'm really lousy at doing surveys because I can never make up my mind about what things I love or hate most so I end up listing multiple things for every category.
Characters:
Favourite male character: Mwu la Fllaga, because he's mature, mentor-ish, and a consistent character throughout the show. And I really hope that Neo Roanoke in GSD is a Mwu clone, even though he seems a bit deranged. Other male characters that I considered for this category were Raww le Klueze, Andrew Waldfeldt and maybe Athrun. I liked Raww at the beginning but he really went off the deep end in the last few eps.
Favourite female character: Cagalli Yula Attha, just because. Murrue Ramius was a really strong character as well.
Character that I could never bring myself to like: Fllay Allster. What a bitch. And Azrael too, he killed Mwu!
Most attractive character: Hmm, Raww le Klueze? Mysterious, a little bit mad, I suppose those are things that I would consider attractive :P Definitely a male character, because I thought none of the female characters in Seed had the reach-out-and-grab-you-by-the-collar-screaming-look-at-me kind of quality.
Cutest character: Pink-chan! Definitely the cutest.
Most annoying character: Yzak Jule. His temper gets on the nerves. Don't forget Fllay as well.
Most unworthy death: Mwu, definitely Mwu. Nicol ranks second. (I don't really care about Tolle coz I like the Miriallia/Dearka pairing haha)
Most satisfying death: Azrael, I hope he stays dead! And having a ZAFT soldier shoot Patrick Zala mafia-style is particularly funny.
Favourite pairing: Athrun and Cagalli, though Mwu and Murrue are really close behind. There's the most touching pairing I've seen in an anime.
Mobile Suits:
Favourite MS: Freedom, because of the wing-thingeys. Gotta love them wing-thingeys.
Least favourite MS: The ZAFT generic units like Ginn and Dinn and whatever. Boring. For a Gundam I would say the Duel, because it's kind of generic as well, nothing really special about it.
Favourite MS based on colour: Aegis, coz it's a nice pink manly robot.
Least favourite MS based on colour: Calamity. The green is just awful.
Favourite weapon: Is the Meteor Unit counted? Heh. Otherwise it would have to be the Blitz's Gleipnik and Triceros (the grappling claw-thing and the spear-shooting thingey).
Music:
Favourite OP: moment by Vivian and Kazuma.
Favourite ED: Find the Way by Nakashima Mika.
Favourite background music: Wow this one is hard, I love so many pieces. For a warring piece, I think that Tachiagare! Okori yo (the one they play in almost every battle scene in the last few episodes, and also when the Lacus steals the Eternal) is a good piece. For a sad piece, I would say Zenbou no Fuchi, which they played at Nicol's death. (will be uploading those pieces to this site in the near future)
Favourite song in general: Haha I deliberately put this in so that I can say Akatsuki no Kuruma. It's the nicest song in the entire series!
Favourite OP animation: The last one, that goes with Realize. I like the AthrunXCagalli and KiraXLacus arms outstretched images, and the clips of the separate Dominion and Eternal crew were really cool as well.
Favorite ED animation: Eh, not much to choose from, seeing as how there were only two. Definitely the second one, that goes with Find the Way. But the pathological happiness of almost every character including the druggies in that animation was just a tad weird.
Plot/Scenes/Lines:
Most startling plot twist: I would say almost every other death except Azrael's and Raww's would be rather startling. But the Star Wars-ish twist of Kira being Cagalli's twin brother is rather bizarre.
Since we're here, and I can't help it, a list of other highly startling plot twists (also includes dumb plot twists):
1. Andrew Waldfeldt living through his mobile suit's destruction.
2. Ditto with Kira, and he ends up on PLANT?
3. Kira can go and see Freedom and steal it just becaue Lacus is with him? How top-secret can that be?
4. Raww is the clone of Mwu's father. Huh? HUH???
5. First N-Jammer, then N-Jammer Canceller. What's next, N-Jammer Canceller Neutraliser Disruptor?
Most un-addressed plot loophole: What's with Raww's mask and medication? Somebody tell me! What was it that Mwu was saying about telomeres anyway? And what do telomeres have to do with Raww's strange condition?
Worst plot advancement: I actually screamed when Raww shot the rescue pod that Fllay was on, not because I was actually sad that Fllay dies (I couldn't be happier really) but because no one survives to tell Murrue that it wasn't Natarle that killed Mwu but that psychotic Azrael. Sigh. I kinda liked Natarle too.
Best plot advancement: Kira and Lacus get together, and ditto for Athrun and Cagalli. Heh.
Favourite line: But you're kind because you're Kira-kun (and not because you're a Coordinator) - Lacus Clyne
Least favourite line: You[Kira] must fight and fight until you die - Fllay Allster
Favourite scene: Lacus stealing the Eternal. Lacus rocks!
Least favourite scene: Fllay trying to seduce Kira when he's talking to Cagalli. I don't like Fllay at all.
Coolest line: Soon, the last door will be opened. Opened by me. Thereafter, this world will end. This world of endless desires. Just as the people living there wished. What can you two do? No one can stop it now, the whirlpool of hatred that engulfs this universe! - Raww le Klueze (delusions of grandeur - does he have syphilis?)
Most over-used replay scene: Athrun self-destructing Aegis and destroying Strike in the process. Like I haven't seen it a bajillion times already.
Most emotional scene: When Cagalli rescues Athrun and they end up screaming and crying.
Most classy death scene: Raww, you have got to give him credit for the cool way his mask gets ripped off and his hair flutters before he dies.
Most awww death scene: Andrew Waldfeldt and Aisha, if that counts, since Andy does not in fact, die. But they "die" hugging! Awww.
Best parting words: Just as I thought, I'm the one who makes the impossible possible - Mwu la Fllaga (Awww..)
Worst parting words: Mother, my piano.. - Nicol (I mean, yes he loves his piano, but..)
Funniest display of zero-gravity: How tears move when people cry in space, a la the last episode. Quite amusing.
Weirdest display of science (and possibly most gory scene): People expand like balloons and burst in little showers of blood when hit by the gamma-ray beam from G.E.N.E.S.I.S. Hmm, really?
I don't believe very many Gundam Seed fans actually read my blog, but for those who do: any other questions that you'd like to ask me, because I'm sure I've left out some good questions in the course of this long long survey, leave a comment and I'd be happy to answer.
Seed rocks!
Avaris / 1/22/2005 09:24:00 AM
0 consumed