Sunday, January 30, 2005
More Gundam Seed Madness
Whee! Haha I'm in a really madly high mood, and have been for the last few days. I'm just going on an off-tangent hyper Gundam Seed fanboy craze-thingamagig (I have absolutely no idea what to call it, I'm so nutty) and I just spent three days drawing a Lacus Clyne picture, and I'm probably going to spend another three doing a Cagalli picture, and some small part of my brain is screaming "Study!" and "Career Sem!" and I'm like "Huh, okay, maybe later.." and I just know I'll look back on this and regret all the procrastination again but right now it doesn't really matter to me. Sigh, if there's anything I'd think is the prevalent theme of my life it would definitely have to be this pernicious spiral of sloth, procrastination and regret. Meh, sometimes I wonder if I should really whip my life into shape, but unfortunately it isn't long before that notion gets sucked into the vortex of sloth, procrastination and regret.
Okay up comes a list of crazy Gundam Seed fanboy musings. Those of you who treasure your sanity, better leave now.
Crazy GS fanboy musing 1: The one with the Fllay and Raww figurines.
So it happens that I was at a toy store the other day and happened to see this tucked-in-a-corner-and-sadly-neglected shelf with boxes of candy from Japan, and there I found these boxes of Gundam Seed toy/candy thingeys (yet again my brain is stuck in lalaland and can't find a proper name for those thingeys) which had one piece of candy and a cute little Gundam Seed figurine inside. (Seriously, does anybody buy these things for the candy?) Cost: $3.50, could I resist? No. The first box I bought I was hoping,
Please don't let it be Fllay, anything but Fllay. When I opened the box I had a brief angsty episode thinking
Oh how cruel this world is, because it was Fllay. And no matter how cute an expression they put on a Fllay figurine, she's still awful. (All of a sudden I look at her name and I think Fillet [like in Fish Fillet] and I laugh madly - am I scaring you yet?)
So I went back into the store and got another box, much to the woe of my wallet (Well, not really, I managed to wheedle my mum into paying for the first box, so I only paid for one, but still). And this time I didn't have another tiny angsty episode because it was Raww and he was in a really cool pose. By the way did I mention the figurines were sitting on Haros? How cute is that? <3<3<3 Then I realised,
Wow I got a "couple", and then I thought, Oh
word my mind is sooo warped. The only reason Raww could be a "couple" with Fllay is because he kidnaps her, keeps her on his ship, looks at her in that creepy perv way of his and tells her cryptic stuff and she ends up lingering in his room, touching his things. Eww.
So Friday ended up being crazy-Gundam-Seed-fanboy day, because I brought the figurines to school and played with them through three boring lectures. I had Fllay dance with Raww, then do a pseudo-conversation, and then finally had Raww push Fllay off the LT table, the only glitch being I failed to catch Fllay so she fell to the next tier and got picked up by the people below, who were perplexed at the mysterious appearance of a weird figurine under their chairs until I ahem-ahemed and claimed it, much to their amusement. Just for a moment I didn't want to take it back, because it's Fllay, but good sense (or cents) prevailed. Besides that little misendeavour, there was also the bizarre episode where poor Raww got impaled by his Haro, which made Linus and Jon Chia rather distraught, so thank your lucky stars you weren't there to see that. I was also whacking Raww on the head with my pen a lot; poor Raww, he doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.
You can be sure I'll be buying more figurines. Ohh my wallet is screaming bloody murder now.
Crazy GS fanboy musing 2: The one with the bad joke
During lunch on Friday, I asked Jon Chia which character from Seed would make the best Got Milk? advertisement model. The answer: Mwuuuuuu La Fllaga. That earned me a rather hard shove from Jon, but I was laughing madly as usual. Jon Chia says I'm a hopeless fanboy, which I think I am. Poor Jon.
Crazy GS fanboy musing 3: The one with the livejournal community
I'm still at episode 9 in Gundam Seed Destiny, because I've been watching only one episode a day, but the parodies by crazythorn at the
Gundam Seed livejournal community crack me up, and I want to watch episodes 11 to 15 so I can read those parodies too. She's only done 1-5 and 11-15, but they're really amusing, though perhaps my definition of hilarious is over-exaggerated, because things I find funny aren't that funny to other people, I've realised. Maybe my brain is screwed because of those parodies; now I can't shake the idea of DullindalXRey from my mind. And another effect of reading fanboys and fangirls going crazy about Gundam Seed is now I'm using too many <3s. Meh.
Crazy GS fanboy musing 4: The one with the scary photos
So maybe this hasn't much to do with Gundam Seed, but I found
this link on the GS livejournal community, followed by the proposition that Bill Gates is really Azrael, and gosh, they might be right. How frightening. How absolutely frightening. You really have to see it, even if you don't care who Azrael is, because the photos are so shocking.
Crazy GS fanboy musing 5: The one with the ring
I watched episode 8 yesterday night, and Athrun gave Cagalli
the ring, and I was like,
Awwww, how sweet. For, like, 5 minutes I was staring at the computer screen and grinning like an idiot, feeling all warm and cuddly inside, and my brain felt like it had melted into a puddle of incoherence. It'll probably be my favourite scene in GSD. Awww. *melts*
As I said, my mind is totally warped now, and people are probably going to think I've really gone off the deep end, but hell, I was feeling really awful at the start of the week because I found myself beginning to hate school, to hate lecturers who make interesting subjects totally unbearable, and if going crazy about Seed saved me from another breakdown then maybe, just maybe, it's worth it. It's probably only a temporary salve for that awful feeling of dysphoria, but every minute it keeps me going is good enough, I suppose.
Avaris / 1/30/2005 02:47:00 PM
0 consumed