Thursday, February 10, 2005
Bouncing off ceilings
Hurrah! I finally finished my Athrun X Cagalli drawing today! Much happiness and drooling over Athrun X Cagalli <3333. Heh. Hopefully that means that I can get started on mugging already. I'd better. All I've done so far is Microbiology because it's the only subject I can actually bring myself to study without feeling like I'm going to go insane.
Ah well, I think blogging is boring when all I can blog about are more and more crazy Gundam Seed fanboy thoughts, which frankly aren't the least bit interesting to anyone who's not a Gundam Seed fan, but I'm afraid there's pretty much nothing else in my brain these days. So let's talk about the Athrun X Cagalli picture. Originally it was meant to be a Cagalli picture, but after finishing the draft outline I figured poor Cagalli looked too lonely and decided to add Athrun, so I had to redraw Cagalli (using about 2 more days of time *sob*) to make space for Athrun and then find an Athrun picture to transpose in. And it so happens that I got the Cagalli and Athrun pics from two different artbook pictures so the light sources for the two of them are opposite. I only found this out when I was colouring it, but I don't think it's too obvious. That's what you get for transposing pictures from all over the place. Anyway it's Cagalli in pretty Orb uniform and Athrun in pretty purple Orb Representative-like suit. Pretty! Now if only I had a scanner I could upload the pic to the gallery, but I don't. (This is
not a hint, by the way. Really.)
Athrun X Cagalli picture is much much nicer than Lacus picture (because Lacus picture came from the fourth GS OP animation, and I think I screwed up the proportions) and I'm just like ogling it a lot now. Sigh I think I have really really totally lost it, but I don't care because I'm a crazy Seed fanboy, and one of those they call a Athrun X Cagalli shipper to boot. Mwahahaha. And to round off all the lovely Athrun X Cagalli thoughts, here's a Athrun and Cagalli colourbar! I never quite figured out what the deal is with the colourbars in livejournal communities, and why all of them have the weird Engrish caption "(insert subject here) is love". But whatever it is colourbars are in my opinion a pretty cool concept, and I have a folder full of them, heh.
Ok ok just one last crazy GS paragraph. Goodness knows by the end of this phase there'll be no one reading these posts anymore. Erm, yeah, new music file: Zenbou no Fuchi, which is a great piano piece from the Gundam Seed OST. They played it when there was a flashback of N--'s death, and it's heart-rending, in my opinion. So, do enjoy. I didn't quite announce the previous music file but it's been around for a while boring people out of their wits: Fields of hope by Lacus Clyne, which is the new Lacus all-filled-with-hope-and-joy song from Gundam Seed Destiny. I like it, but it gets a bit boring after some time, as with all Lacus songs.
I've been in a really mad hyper mood all week, and I'm not sure if it's because of the holidays, or because I'm happy that I'm finally getting around to running the Career Seminar proper (albeit a really tiny Career Sem) so I'm no longer feeling guilty for not doing any work, or maybe it's because of the Gundam Seed madness. I'm so happy I wonder why I need a reason to be happy, and that's what I told elpis the other day when he asked my why I'm hyper, that I don't think I need a reason to be happy. I'm happy with that logic. Seriously now I hope I don't end up plummeting to some lousy depressed state again; maybe I'm actually bipolar.
No prizes for guessing the product of feeling high: yes, corny jokes! The lecture on Arthropods spawned this particularly bad one: "Don't tick me off, or I'll fly into a rage and show you my mite! Then you shall flea in terror like the louse-y coward you are!" And this is where you start groaning.
Other weird products of mood enhancement are: brief episode of thinking in l337 language (which was really weird because I was like: wh4+ +h3 h311? And yes some of you have heard about it) and just about bouncing all over the place during MicroB practical imitating Einar Wilder-Smith's drawling speech. I have this feeling I'm getting on people's nerves. No surprises there. And really, who could miss that really lame post on the Tun Tan blog? Another product of heightened lameness. I still haven't gotten over the distress of Tun Tan threatening to have me decapitated, though. Who knew our
benevolent Tun Tan could be such a scary mafia-aspirant?
I had this really weird dream about a week ago where I was walking up the stairs to my apartment (I live on the fourth floor) and there were all these weird people in bright lime green surgical scrubs running down the stairs like it was some scene out of E.R. or something (except I don't think any hospital in the world has lime green scrubs [!!!] ), and there was wailing and vomiting coming from one of the apartments on the third floor. There was this surreal feeling of Oh wow did someone die I don't really care. Then as I was fumbling with my keys and trying to open my apartment door the corridor behind me just got darker and darker and then I woke up with my heart going at like 150 beats a minute and I was panting and sweating. Which is very strange because on hindsight it's really not a scary dream at all. Maybe it's the disconcerting feeling I get when I'm trying to open the door to my house and start wondering if maybe there's someone sneaking up behind me. Perfect fodder for a horror movie.
I think I'd better take a short break from blogging until I get saner. I've got a few ideas for short stories but I'm just not in the right frame of mind to write them. And oh yes, mugging season is just about in full bloom right now.
Avaris / 2/10/2005 11:20:00 PM
0 consumed