CONSUMED. by avaris
Some men make fortunes, but not to enjoy them; for, consumed by avarice, they live to make fortunes

[ about ]

"Tout le monde voit, peu de personnes savent observer - All the world sees, but few truly observe"



[ gallery ]

Shoot for the Future

My Flickr Photos



[ links ]

Sinfest
MIMS Online
UpToDate
It's A Zoo Out There
Mr Wang Says So
theonlinecitizen
Yawning Bread



[ friends' blogs ]

13 hours to love
alvin
belinda
CG
cheesie
cover me in ashes
elpis
gfmozart
jack
jiabin
jonnybaby
lvacation
mezza
plhu
raphael
raymond
w33mz
xiuling
xueling



[ archives ]


September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
September 2010
October 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
November 2011
December 2011
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
February 2014
June 2014
July 2014
October 2014
December 2014
March 2015
June 2015
October 2015
December 2015
March 2016




[ current read ]

The Emperor of All Maladies
A Biography of Cancer

(Siddharta Mukherjee)




[ current anime ]

---


Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Aftermath of Ani-madness

Ah yes, the aftermath of today's mad Sunshine Plaza shopping spree. I was in a very high mood the whole day because I was looking forward so much to the visit to Sunshine Plaza, namely to La Tendo, that I only fell asleep for like ten minutes while studying (ok, so Hope woke me up) and I was really perky. I think I said a lot of weird things, though, and I'm like that; bizarre off-topic comments shoot out of my mouth before making a loop through my brain when I'm super excited.

Ok so what happened is this: my first stop on entering Sunshine Plaza was KKnM, where I looked at the anime magazine section, because I read somewhere that Newtype's April issue was a special 20th anniversary issue. It has Kira and Lacus on the cover, and a Haro emblazoned with the number 20. But the price, oh the price! Nearly twice as much as it costs in Japanese yen (the price in Japan is 740 yen or about 10 dollars plus, but the selling price was S$17.80)! This is all part of the nationwide conspiracy to inflate prices of Japanese imports so people like me will die! Noooooo. So I decided I needed to think a little bit more about it, and headed to La Tendo.

I wonder if the boss in La Tendo recognizes me; after all I've been there three times and all three times asked for Gundam SEED-related stuff. Apparently Boss is a SEED fan too. But yeah I asked about the SEED Destiny Characters set, and because it was cheap ($28) I decided to pre-order that as well. But apparently it's not as I thought, and they're not quite the same quality as the SEED Characters, thus explaining the price difference. But oh well, like Boss says, if the detail is there, then it's good enough.

Then I asked for the price of the SEED Destiny photocards, which was somewhat higher than listed on the website, and I couldn't decide whether to get one pack or two. I got two in the end, and went to the atrium section to open the packets. I almost died of joy then, because in the first pack I opened, I found a Rare Athrun Photo Card! Like the Rare. Athrun. Photo. Card. One Rare photo card out of 4 rare photo cards in a box of 15 packs of 6 cards each i.e. 90 cards! I so couldn't believe my luck, because when my luck is bad, it's really bad. I suppose it was a fortunate thing that I went to Sunshine Plaza alone, otherwise any poor unsuspecting fellow who had the bad luck to accompany me might have been killed by my squeals of joy. I saw on someone's livejournal that she got the Shinn rare card from La Tendo, and it looks real pretty too. *melts*


This is IT!!

After squealing silently to myself like a gazillion times, I still couldn't decide if I was going to get Newtype April, so I went back to KKnM and picked the mag up again. Looked at it. Pretty cover. Free 1/144 custom Impulse designed by Suzumura Kenichi (Shinn's seiyuu). Poster of SEED. Thick, with lots of pages. I asked the lady at the counter if there were many copies left, and she said only three copies. That was the last straw. So I am now really really poor, and also really really happy. Not that money can buy happiness, but sometimes it's not too bad to splurge on things that can make you happy. Also, I'm probably going to spend the next 3 months or something ploughing through the mag, considering how much I spent on it, and how slow I read Japanese. So I guess it's worth it.

Ok I'm done with the endless gushing. On to other things. Enetation is still down. I visited the site and it says all this is just system downtime. I hope so. I feel so crippled knowing that people can't comment. (Not that many people are dying to, but well, indulge me, will you)

Oh, look, the EU has seen the light and decided to give China something to squirm about a little longer. All thanks to China's little anti-secession law, something I have never been supportive of, but which I shall now say has at least served some purpose in thwarting China's tyranny over an island nation that has diverged so much from China it's meaningless to want it back. Thank goodness the EU isn't foolish enough to completely overlook the danger of China trying to use European technology to attain superpower status. Apparently some Americans are quite pleased by the EU's move too.

I've never been more susceptible to television. The O.C. is coming back to Channel 5! And they're going to air the new series Lost, which looks like a good series to follow. C.S.I.'s season finale is next week, and we see Grissom going off for his ear operation. I have this feeling I should start watching Desperate Housewives, but I've missed countless episodes. Maybe I'll download. After the Pros.

I was telling everyone today, it's hard to imagine that in less than two weeks time, we will all be overjoyed and rejoicing, because we have been studying continuously for so long without a proper break that we've almost forgotten what it's like to have a life where the pressing need to study doesn't loom over your head. I think I shouldn't start envisaging how much I'd be enjoying myself, because that would really distract me from what I'm doing right now, which is to make sure that in two weeks time, I will have reason enough to be really really happy, and not to celebrate while haunted by worry.

Avaris / 3/23/2005 10:11:00 PM

0 consumed