Saturday, March 19, 2005
Open Shutters
My dad got this digital camera from his office on loan, so I thought I'd make good use of the chance to take lots of photos of my newly acquired sets of Gundam SEED figurines, especially since they cost me so much. As in, I might as well share them with everyone, rather than just admire them myself, right? The camera was really really ancient though, and I think it's only 1.5 megapixels or something so I spent the whole night fiddling around with it because I couldn't get any good photos. I even had to manually focus the lens because I was shooting the models at such close range. Eventually I realised the photos turned out better in the day, because there isn't enough light at night even with all the lights in my room turned on (3 lightbulbs and it isn't enough!).
But yes, all the photos are up, even though the quality is still pretty lousy and all, but I suppose it's better than nothing. You can view them
here, and I'll add a link under the Gallery section too. And if I didn't mention this before, the guy at La Tendo was telling me about pre-ordering figurine sets and how the pre-ordered ones are cheaper, so I pre-ordered the Heroines 5 set. I read somewhere else that the SEED Characters 2 set is coming out too; better go ask at La Tendo. They're all coming in June or later, so I don't think they are that much of a problem, finances-wise.
I can't study because I'm totally addicted to Soukyuu no Fafner, which is this excellent mecha anime which in some ways is pretty similar to Evangelion but which I think is a lot better (at least not as confusing, but it sure gives NGE a good run for its money). So now I'm watching like 2 episodes every day, which is already a lot of self-restraint. It's a great anime, but it's recently been licensed, so I have no idea whether it's still downloadable. And it's got this really awesome OP that I've totally fallen in love with, but I think it's the kind of song that people won't really like on the first hearing, because it's shrieky and all.
I was watching the English-dubbed Gundam SEED on Kids Central just now, and I actually got a little teary listening to Find the Way as Kira was flashbacking to Fllay and him together. I love that song so much.
I have this feeling I sound really airheaded. I suppose I do, because logically being really shallow can help relieve pre-exam stress. So much stress! And some people's MSN nicks scare the hell out of me. I think I should just leave my computer off so I can concentrate on studying.
Avaris / 3/19/2005 12:51:00 PM
0 consumed