Wednesday, March 16, 2005
Railing behind closed doors
[edited 17 Mar, 10.20 a.m.]
Woohoo I just spent the last two days out with friends and just enjoying myself without really caring for the Pros, which is really liberating and exhilarating but I'm starting to panic because essay writing has never been my forte, and I'm one of those bizarre people who can say they do better for True/False MCQ papers than essay papers, just because of the way my memory works. I can't regurgitate, but I can recall when given the right stimulus. To put it in another way, I remember a little about a lot but not a lot about a little. Oh well.
KTVing is really fun, and even KTV two days in a row was superb, even though my voice is half-dead now and no one can really hear what I'm saying if I don't make an effort to talk loudly. I haven't been to a karaoke place ever since I was in primary school, and somehow I think I've missed out on quite a lot, to only start now, but I think it might get tiring after a while because I keep singing the same songs. Haha I don't know what else to say about it, because I can't describe the things I do in the KTV room (like shriek, for example), so let's end here.
Sometimes I forget how much I really care for some people, or how much they mean to me, because I get blinded by little things, or can't see past certain quirks in their character. Thank goodness for second chances (or third, fourth chances, etc) to make me remember. I have many regrets, but nothing can be done to change the past so we might as well try to make the future better. If only I'd stop being so touchy about things. Right now I'm content to bask in that warm fuzzy feeling of friendship.
I'm getting really frustrated that I keep getting calls from this person in Medicine asking me questions about Neuroscience when I haven't even started studying Neuroscience and I just have to dig out all my notes and start poring over them in order to answer the multitude of questions this person has. And the person keeps calling my handphone, when I have no free incoming calls, and with every call nearing an hour in duration I think my phone bill is going to explode rather spectacularly. I'm also feeling really angry at myself for actually not having enough grey matter to think of asking that person to call my house phone. How dumb is that. Argh. But I don't really have the right to complain, do I. Well, to look on the bright side, explaining things to other people is a good way of learning. But still!
About Destiny: Shinn's hero complex bothers me. He is such a moody character all the time, and only seems to brighten up when he's given the chance to save the day. Take Phase 21, where he saves Stellar Loussier from drowning: he screams at her for being stupid and falling off the cliff, but after seeing how completely messed up she is he does a 180 degree turn and starts comforting her. It's probably an effect of his loss: because he was messed up by his family getting killed he feels a need to protect others from losing theirs. Still, it bothers me.
I watched the news just now and there was this feature of the Monorail at Sentosa and how lots of people flocked to Sentosa today because the Monorail is going to be closed down to make way for a new light rail system or something, and they all wanted to take the Monorail "for the last time". This to me is really bizarre behaviour, and I was thinking maybe it's something you can only observe in Singapore, but maybe not. But still! The Monorail is so unexciting that even if I went all the way to Sentosa today to queue up in the insanely hot weather to just take one last ride I'd probably forget it the moment I got off. In fact, why doesn't everyone just take the last time they took the Monorail as the
last time they will ever take it? There really isn't any difference. Singaporeans, really.
Avaris / 3/16/2005 11:02:00 PM
0 consumed