Friday, April 15, 2005
Feeling better
Sigh haven't exactly been feeling too chipper the past two days. In fact my MSN nick was "avaris wants to be left alone" for one day, and it's amazing how many people can't read and still messaged me. But I wasn't all that pissed at them. I just really needed some peace and quiet to think.
Today I decided I had to go out for some fresh air, alone. Not that I'm irritated with anybody, but I feel that at the present moment I would much rather be alone than be subject to another person's questioning and concern. I make it sound like a bad thing, but I think it's very stressful to feel like someone is trying to help you and you have to act like it's actually helping you when it's not. So solitude is good in a funny kind of way.
As usual, listening to Gundam SEED (and Destiny) songs on the bus is amazingly therapeutic. I happened to be listening to Fields of hope when the bus drove past this field with lots of tall waving plants - I'm not too sure what you call those stalks with white fluff on the top but they look beautiful swaying in the wind - and I felt filled with calm and contentedness, and that was the best I've felt this entire week. It's just unbelievable how tiny things can be so wonderful.
A lot of times as I walk along by myself, I tend to talk to myself, generally bitching about how awful some people look, how lousy the weather is, how ugly that car is driving along the road, and a whole lot of other things, which is another wonderfully therapeutic activity except that I can get rather lost in my little world of bitchiness and people start giving me weird looks because I'm walking along and muttering to myself and making weird little facial expressions. This happened in Orchard Road today, and it was rather amusing.
Retail therapy! I popped by KKnM at Sunshine Plaza to check out the new magazines, and decided that Animage May was more appealing than Newtype May because Animage had a free Gundam SEED Destiny notebook and 40 pages of writeup compared to Newtype which had 28 pages and a separate booklet of character information. Actually both were equally appealing, but the notebook finally tipped the balance. And Animage also came with a FMA booklet about the upcoming movie, and there's a poster of Al looking like Ed (he has a braid and he's wearing Ed's black shirt and red jacket). Now if only I could find the time to actually read the entire mag. Did I mention that by a phenomenal effort of self-restraint I managed not to go into La Tendo? Haha I'm pretty proud of myself.
I feel the oncoming surge of possible repercussions regarding this impulse buy. I can only apologise.
I found some Radio SEED and Radio SEED Destiny files on the SEED LJ comm, the ones with Ishida Akira a.k.a. Athrun, and I'm listening to them now as I type this. Ishida Akira has a very very nice voice! His laugh is totally mesmerising. Mwahaha I'm falling in love with Ishida Akira's voice ^_____^~. And Miriallia's seiyuu Megumi Toyoguchi is also very good as a host of the radio show. Ditto for Suzumura Kenichi, Shinn's seiyuu, but I think Milly is better. I want all the other files too!
Hmm I wonder if I should place an order for the Destiny EF Collection 02 i.e. figurines. It's not all that appealing to me, and I have to control myself because I've already ordered the Heroines 5 and Destiny Characters 1 sets of figurines. But this one has Dearka and Yzak in a pair! That is so awesome. No, I shall not succumb to temptation. Dearka and Yzak!
Sigh I have tuition tomorrow. Electrochemistry. I don't like Electrochem. And I still haven't read up on it. This is going to turn out like last week's lesson. Woe.
Note: When someone offers you a favour, don't demand. It's really unbecoming.
Avaris / 4/15/2005 09:37:00 PM
0 consumed