Thursday, April 14, 2005
Running out of ideas for headings -- no, already run out
I have firmly decided that I shall stop pottering around at home worrying about things that can't even be changed.
I've totally fallen in love with Robert Jordan again after reading New Spring, but somehow the book seems really poorly edited. Some sentences break off midway or change subject midway, and character names appear when there hasn't even been prior mention of them, which made me suspect my failing memory and go back to look through the book only to find no trace of the name. It seems as if the author had written a longer book but just simply cut parts away, making the book shorter but more jerky. The characters are wonderful, though. I had totally forgotten how much I love Moiraine and Siuan. Hopefully Moiraine will appear later in the series, because I was devastated when she disappeared through that ter'angreal thingey.
Now that I've finished New Spring I shall go on to read the Well of Echoes quartet by Ian Irvine, of which the first three books are sitting on my table, borrowed from the library. It's amazing how easy it is to find Ian Irvine's latest books at the library, it almost seems to imply no one likes him enough to borrow his books. I think he's a pretty good author, having read the View from the Mirror quartet, just that he tends to be rather boring and long-winded. That's mainly because his protagonists are all awfully flawed and do wrong things all the time and spend half their time worrying about the wrong things they've done, but it makes for something fresh as compared to series where protagonists are near-invincible and do all the predictable good-guy things.
Haha that brings me into SEED Destiny, because where else is a character invincible?
[possible spoiler alerts for future plot advancements] Kira is almost invincible in Freedom now it's silly that he even needs an upgrade for it, and calling the new refitted Freedom the Super Freedom Gundam is so stupid. Bajillions of fans have been screaming about the absolute lack of creative names for Gundams in this series, I thought I would do the same too. And anyway having a new mobile suit is so obviously for the sole sake of selling more models.
Phase 25 has a new OP yay! So many naked characters, not so yay. What's with the nakedness, it doesn't even have a real purpose. And I hate the scantily-clad Cagalli scene, it seems to totally spoil the entire anime, not to mention one of my favourite characters, no matter that she's got really wimpy after Athrun proposed to her. But new mobile suits! Super Freedom in the opening scene with the title! Destiny Gundam, Destroy Gundam, and what looks like a new Justice Gundam! (possibly named Super Justice to match the equally stupid name for Freedom) Neo without his mask, looking somewhat like MWu! Miriallia wearing Orb Archangel uniform! The song isn't wonderful for a first listen, because it doesn't really sound quite as nice as Ignited and Pride, but I suppose it'll grow on me as all other OP and ED songs do. Pretty OP sequence. I wonder if the ED sequence will match it. New ED next week!
Dear me I'm starting to worry a bit after reading the M3 guide because I volunteered myself as the group leader for my CG and I'm wondering now if my handphone bill will shoot through the roof from calling tutors and messaging group members. But it should be a good learning experience. Argh I'm sounding so politically correct lately; it's always "Oh this will be a good experience, lalala". I feel like I need to make everything seem better even though they aren't. I'm basically a pessimistic person but I feel I shouldn't let my pessimism get to other people because it's depressing for them. So despite my intense inner pessimism I tend to try to put a good face on things, which usually backfires because I don't believe what I'm saying and it all ends up sounding empty and forced. It's so difficult.
Yes anyway I'm posted to CGH, which is somewhat near my house but I'm not really happy about because I think it's a lousy hospital. I still remember how the doctor cheated me of my money when I went there in NS, by prescribing me a bajillion boxes of Fybogel or something (now you can imagine why I went there). People try to make things sound nice by saying that doctors have more time to spend with students in these "smaller" hospitals, but seriously, what about the standard of the doctors there? I'm sure there will be some good doctors, no matter how bad the hospital, and I'm just hoping I get them.
Avaris / 4/14/2005 08:41:00 PM
0 consumed