Wednesday, April 06, 2005
thisdrugmaycausenauseavomitingvisualdisturbancesseekadoctor'sadvicebatteriesnotincluded
Just as I had expected some weeks before all came to an end, I am now overjoyed. Hmm, not really I'm not jumping all over the place, but just really really relaxed and free. After all, when one doesn't have to worry about studying, it surely is a good thing.
Ah, first some comments about the exams; even though most people don't like to talk about it, I'm the kind that likes to. Skip the next two paragraphs if you don't want to read them, it's ok.
Microbiology was average, I suppose. I wrote CMV for the opportunistic infections question as well! I didn't realise so many other people wrote CMV too heh. It was really rather silly because I doggedly refused to write TB, for the strange reason that right there I just thought TB was an awfully dry topic to write an essay on (I hate talking about preallergenic lymphohaematogenous spread and delayed hypersensitivity reactions) so I picked up the next organism I thought I knew the most about (who remembers anything about Cryptococcus besides India ink and pigeons?) -- CMV. Then as I was writing an essay plan I thought, damn, I can't remember a lot of things! I forgot that CMV was transmitted by saliva and sexual contact, and only remembered the organ transplant and vertical transmission part, so I just put in "spread by respiratory droplets" which was rather silly on hindsight. And it didn't help that Mark Taylor happened to be checking my matric card when I wrote that and he just stood there for ten seconds staring at my paper and I was thinking "Go AWAY!" Boo. But other than that, the paper was fine.
Neuroscience was - how to describe it? - predictable? Mwahaha. I love Ong Wei Yi! Let's set up a We Love Ong Wei Yi fanclub or something! Ah but yes I'm very thankful, because I watched too much TV on Monday (stupid Channel u and it's channel revamp providing me with too many irresistable TV offerings! @$#^%$) and I really only had the barest amount of time to do what he said in the lecture and no more. I didn't even do the related things like receptive field of retinal ganglion cells (thank goodness that didn't come out!). For all that I thought 36 minutes for an essay question was rather long, I think they modified the questions to be longer, so I really spent all the 3 hours writing. And to scare the wits out of people, I drew at least one picture for each question, and coloured the pictures with colour markers XD. I just felt like I had to do it because Neuroscience is a really visual subject, and I thought I'd better make up for where I couldn't regurgitate as well as other people by drawing, which is after all one of my strong points.
Oh talking about drawing, I'm going to start on Gundam SEED pictures soon! Can't wait, but I'm probably going to start with another Athrun/Cagalli pic, because I really love that couple. And Shinn, I'm starting to like too. I was reading Newtype April yesterday and it was really amusing because there was this feature which had Rey Za Burrel acting as an Aunt Agony to the various Coordinator characters and their troubles. His reply to Talia was amusing: "By the way, Captain, I really wanted to ask you something. That hairstyle of yours, what kind of magic keeps it like that?" Mwahaha. And Dullindal complains that "the magazine called Newtype" depicts him in a bad way, by insinuating that he has less-than-noble motives in giving Athrun Saviour and is implicated in the Lacus assassination attempt. Rey replies by saying, "I think it would be good if you destroy a magazine like that. Ah, by the way, Gil - I mean, Chairman - I wonder when we'll next meet.." Ooh titillating stuff.
And I feel really vindicated because I found out that the American version of Newtype at Kinokuniya sells at 25 dollars, so 18 bucks for my Newtype Japan isn't ridiculous at all. But it's still a lot to spend on a magazine. And I think I've just about made up my mind to get Newtype May. Sheesh. Must save money!
Oh yes yesterday after the exams I went to collect medical instruments, then went to Orchard for lunch with Jon Chia, Stella and Pak Ling. After that we went to this place where I spent 100+ bucks on things not related to SEED at all, but which are essentials. I dare not say what they are lest I get killed, because I told Hope and he was rather traumatised. Yup you can guess, and can hate me, but I think it doesn't matter to me when I get them, just so long as I
can still get them. Better early than late, then.
I met up with Hope after that and we just sauntered around Orchard. Actually I was sort of dragging Hope around to Kino and the library. I feel rather bad about that. I had a great time, though, and it's really nice to just sit around and talk rubbish and not have to worry about anything. This is not a jab at anyone, but I sincerely feel that I prefer going out with one friend at a time, especially if it's a close friend, because I think when you have more people you have to split your attention equally and it's difficult to have a nice comfortable conversation with each person. I suppose that's what they mean by two's company, three's a crowd. Going out with a bunch of friends definitely has its perks as well, since it's more fun, but at times being able to have an uninterrupted conversation is good for me. Haha it really has been my "theme" for the past few months, conversation.
[spoilers for SEED Destiny Phase 24]
Not many spoilers for this episode, but I think the plot is picking up very good speed and actually piquing my curiosity. A lot of big plot loopholes in this one, though, like how does Lunamaria get to where Kira and Cagalli are meeting Milly and Athrun before Athrun if she's supposed to be trailing him? And she's stalking him! Get away from Athrun, you- you red haired girl (thinking of Fllay anyone?) you. This episode was great because of Milly though. It's nice to see her appear and speak for a considerable amount of time. Now if only we could get Dearka into the picture too. XD
[end of spoilers]
I watched the new trailer for the FMA movie, Shambahla's Conqueror or something. It looks considerably exciting, though nothing can beat the Episode III trailer in suspense haha. Envy is back! And he seems to be stuck in that ugly dragon form that we last saw him morphing to when he entered the portal or something (haha I forgot what the door was called). I'm looking forward to the movie; it probably won't come to S'pore but maybe some group will sub the DVD version? Sigh I do hope Ed and Al will reunite, otherwise it's too sad.
This is a super long post, my goodness. I guess I had a lot of pent-up rubbish to release upon hapless readers. I think I set a new record for my blog last month when I had a total of 18 posts, not including the one with the Fafner fanfic, which I think is really good. But I should probably be less airheaded all the time.
Avaris / 4/06/2005 11:51:00 AM
0 consumed