CONSUMED. by avaris
Some men make fortunes, but not to enjoy them; for, consumed by avarice, they live to make fortunes

[ about ]

"Tout le monde voit, peu de personnes savent observer - All the world sees, but few truly observe"



[ gallery ]

Shoot for the Future

My Flickr Photos



[ links ]

Sinfest
MIMS Online
UpToDate
It's A Zoo Out There
Mr Wang Says So
theonlinecitizen
Yawning Bread



[ friends' blogs ]

13 hours to love
alvin
belinda
CG
cheesie
cover me in ashes
elpis
gfmozart
jack
jiabin
jonnybaby
lvacation
mezza
plhu
raphael
raymond
w33mz
xiuling
xueling



[ archives ]


September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
September 2010
October 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
November 2011
December 2011
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
February 2014
June 2014
July 2014
October 2014
December 2014
March 2015
June 2015
October 2015
December 2015
March 2016




[ current read ]

The Emperor of All Maladies
A Biography of Cancer

(Siddharta Mukherjee)




[ current anime ]

---


Monday, May 02, 2005

Wasting my holiday doing rubbish

I'm here to post a couple of quizzes from plhu's and elpis' blogs, as well as to upload a new music file. I think my life is so bloody boring lately, there's nothing to even ramble about here.


I am nerdier than 72% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!


I am like, totally not nerdy at all. It's probably because I'm not a very gadgety or techie kind of person. My love for technology is probably confined to mobile suits, really. XD

You scored as Visual/Spatial. You probably feel at home with the visual arts, maps, charts, and diagrams. You tend to think in images and pictures. You learn best by looking at pictures and slides, watching videos or movies, and visualizing. People like you include sculptors, painters, surgeons and engineers.

Visual/Spatial

75%

Verbal/Linguistic

75%

Intrapersonal

54%

Musical/Rhythmic

54%

Logical/Mathematical

50%

Interpersonal

36%

Bodily/Kinesthetic

18%

The Rogers Indicator of Multiple Intelligences
created with QuizFarm.com


Hmm, ok. So I'm equally Verbal/Linguistic and Visual/Spatial. That seems generally accurate. I love writing and drawing, and a lot of my understanding and knowledge comes in the form of pictures and words. It's interesting how pictures and words seem to be somewhat opposed and yet still fall in a similar category. I'm more inclined to think them as being opposed.

Lalala my boring life. I'm waiting for my Gundam SEED Destiny download to complete (I always wait for the Haro^2 Tori^2 subs which are always the latest-released! Garrgh please release earlier can?) so I can get my weekly dose of SEED-crack. Even though I try to avoid spoilers before watching the episode they're just too rampant for me to ignore, and I've already gotten some inkling of the horrible things that happen in this episode, so I'm just kind of like waiting to see how exactly these happen. Somehow SEED doesn't make me feel very emotional at all because in some part of my brain I keep think it's all very commercial, that deaths are all part of publicity and sales and are very meaningless things. It probably also has to do with the writing; I think Fafner tugged on my heartstrings a lot with its writing, and I was really affected by character deaths.

Sometimes I wonder quite a bit what makes me love SEED so much. Is it the commercial-ness of it all? Is it because everyone is loving it, so I'm just getting pulled into this mass-love current thing? I think the most probable answer is because the main characters just grow on you very quickly, and make you like them. Even the minor characters have some attractive qualities, and yet I don't feel very strongly for them. Hmmm. I need to analyse this weird state of affairs a little bit more.

I am now totally abusing Bittorrent by crazily downloading a lot of anime and other weird video files. My Rahxephon download is taking forever, so I'm still stuck around episode 3 or something, and Jon Chia is lending me Excel Saga so I'm waiting for that. New series I'm picking up on include Tsubasa Chronicle (because I'm a CCS fan, duh, but Tsubasa is not hooking me up a lot so I think I might drop it) and Loveless (ooh shounen-ai! I'm starting to wonder if it's normal for guys to watch shounen-ai and not find it weird lalala). I'm looking forward to Trinity Blood because it looks really good. Should I pick up Speed Grapher too, I wonder? And in addition to anime I've recently been introduced to some Taiwanese variety talk show which I found I can download on Bittorrent too, It's very addictive.

I know, I really should be studying. I tried reading Talley and O'Connor today but failed rather miserably. I think Oxford is a wonderful read because it has so much information in such a condensed format it doesn't waste your time with excess stuff. Brilliant. And I'm still trying to read my Ian Irvine books while feeling guilty about not reading textbooks. I feel lazy and worthless again, as usual.

As an ending note, I'd like to thank people who make me feel appreciated. I'm not here for you to take for granted when I'm doing you a service, so please don't. I wouldn't say it affects me a lot to be disregarded, but I'm human too. ~Kthxbai.

Avaris / 5/02/2005 04:21:00 PM

0 consumed