Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Pass it on, pass it on
I got tagged! By
plhu. So here goes, and this is kind of fun, so apologies for the long answers.
Things you enjoy, even when no one around you wants to go out and play. What lowers your stress/blood pressure/anxiety level? Make a list, post it to your journal... and then tag 5 friends and ask them to post it to theirs.
1. Being absolutely cranky when no one is around to see or hear it. This rarely ever happens because there are always people around, and I only get the rare chance on Sundays when everyone is out and I'm alone at home. Basically I hop and prance around like a lunatic, have mock conversations with myself acting as different characters with different accents (Singlish, British, Indian, German, etc) or sing really loudly and terrorise the neighbours. It's kind of like the best way I've found to relieve stress, and I did this one day before the Microbiology pros. But there's hardly ever any chance to do it when I need it.
2. Watching a good soap and crying my eyes out. I suppose many people will think it's kind of comical sitting in front of a television screen weeping, but I find it quite effective in relieving pent-up inner tension. Besides, when I'm feeling stressed I tend to be more emotional and cry easily, so it lets all the emotion out. Good things to cry to are Taiwanese soaps and recently Jap dramas and animes. I have no idea why I feel exceptionally emotional while watching the Takuya Kimura Jap dramas, but I do.
3. Hugging a large soft object, like a pillow or a soft toy. I've to thank my juniors yet again for giving me Horatio "Haro" Halliwell, Huge Hungry Hamster, because it's wonderful to hug and it relieves a lot of stress. I sometimes hug my mom, and it's very heartwarming when she hugs me back.
4. Doodling. It's like you're letting the tension seep out through your hand and pen or something, but usually I do this when I'm bored and not really when I'm about to blow my top.
5. Writing it out, explosively. Unfortunately I've learnt not to do that because it's really hard trying to mop up after you've blasted it out on your blog. I get really mad and say things I shouldn't say.
Okay, I tag
elpis (who's away on camp and won't be back till Friday),
w33mz (who hopefully sees this! This is the second survey I've asked you to do! But no la, I'm not forcing you. :P),
L'infernal,
aestalitz and
Flame of Anor. Go on, do it!
Avaris / 6/08/2005 11:02:00 PM
0 consumed