CONSUMED. by avaris
Some men make fortunes, but not to enjoy them; for, consumed by avarice, they live to make fortunes

[ about ]

"Tout le monde voit, peu de personnes savent observer - All the world sees, but few truly observe"



[ gallery ]

Shoot for the Future

My Flickr Photos



[ links ]

Sinfest
MIMS Online
UpToDate
It's A Zoo Out There
Mr Wang Says So
theonlinecitizen
Yawning Bread



[ friends' blogs ]

13 hours to love
alvin
belinda
CG
cheesie
cover me in ashes
elpis
gfmozart
jack
jiabin
jonnybaby
lvacation
mezza
plhu
raphael
raymond
w33mz
xiuling
xueling



[ archives ]


September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
September 2010
October 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
November 2011
December 2011
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
February 2014
June 2014
July 2014
October 2014
December 2014
March 2015
June 2015
October 2015
December 2015
March 2016




[ current read ]

The Emperor of All Maladies
A Biography of Cancer

(Siddharta Mukherjee)




[ current anime ]

---


Sunday, June 12, 2005

Random samples from a maelstrom of thoughts

First off I'd like to sincerely thank all 5 people who were tagged by me and went on to complete the meme. I'm sorry if I have inconvenienced you in any way by springing emotional blackmail on you (a la "You must do it because you're my friend and I tagged you! If you don't I won't friend you!") which wasn't said but implied. I found it enjoyable to get tagged and I thought it would be fun to tag other people too. Well. I hope it was fun. But some shadowy part of my brain whispers in my ear that it wasn't.

Sometimes I wish people could be a lot more honest with one another. Like if I didn't like the way you talked I'd tell you about it or something. But the world isn't like that. And honesty isn't the best policy all the time. Sometimes a little lie goes a long way in helping other people feel better. Like when I say "No I'm not angry with you" it could mean "Really, I'm not angry with you, so don't worry" or "You fool, of course I'm angry" or "Well, I was angry, but I'm not angry now" but it all doesn't matter, because when I say "No I'm not angry" it means I don't want to pursue the matter. Not that it doesn't cease to nibble at me, but that's just me. Sometimes I lie to make the other party feel better and not worry if I'm angry, because I know I get angry over little things and I shouldn't make other people worry just because of it. But I certainly wish I could say the truth. Who wouldn't?

Argh yes I'm being Queen Bitch again. I hate it when I'm in this kind of mood. Sometimes I feel like a toy, and that some higher power, like Fate or something, is just playing around with me, throwing me in situations where my patience gets so sorely tested again and again. I'm not amused at all.

Yesterday was kind of fun. I went out shopping with my mom, because Marks & Spencer is having a end-of-season sale, and as many people know I love M&S clothes, because they're 1. Nice; 2. Good quality and semi-branded yet reasonably priced; and 3. British. So I bought a T-shirt that is nice. But I didn't get the polo tee I was eyeing because it's still a bit on the high side. Hopefully it doesn't get snapped up, and will get a little cheaper at a future sale. My mom has become totally immune to my acting pitiful to get her to pay for my clothes, but she makes a good fashion adviser, because I tend to like too many clothes and she will exclaim her dislike for some of them and make me dislike them too. Mwahaha.

While walking in Taka I met someone whom I am acquainted with, but don't know very well. I waved, being nice and all, and the situation ended up being really awkward because that person stopped, and so did the other two people with him, and we just stood there staring at one another not knowing what to say. And my mind was a total string of "OMG don't stop just go on walking go on go on. Oh dear what to say?"

So I thought, Okay, let's ask some standard studies questions. So I said, "So, what are you doing now?" And got the reply, "Oh, I'm walking around with my friends." And I'm like NO I didn't mean now as in now, I meant now as in ~now~. Goodness. And it just got worse and worse by the second. Luckily he finally said that he had to be going, and left. How totally awkward. I hate social situations like this, because my brain is woefully inadequate when it comes to small-talk, especially with people you haven't seen in 4 years.

It seems that while I'm no longer at CGH, not a day passes without me having some CGH-related thought. Just the other day I saw Dr. CWC at Bishan and proceeded to have an interesting gossip session about him. And when I got home and was watching the 9pm serial on Channel 8 I saw a shot of a hospital with white walls and dark blue windows and I shouted "It's CGH!", earning weird looks from my family. I'm totally obsessed, and I should stop. Really. The woe. By the way the new documentary programme on Channel U about doctors in NUH is quite interesting. It's good that they're portraying doctors as kind, caring, compassionate people, especially since there's been so much bad press lately.

Someone said the previously linked Harry Potter fanfic was too gay. Erm, yeah, sorry if it offended anyone's taste. But if you've read enough fanfics this is nothing compared to some of the stuff out there. And the main point isn't on sex anyway, so it's fine. I wish I could write fanfic like that, but it takes a lot of effort for me to see through a character's eyes. A lot of reading and research. Which I'm lazy to do.

Here's another fanfic, that's rather blasphemous. So don't read it if you don't like reading blasphemous stuff. Or if you don't know anything about Harry Potter. If you're open-minded, and you're a Harry Potter fan, and you want a good laugh, go ahead.

Avaris / 6/12/2005 10:04:00 PM

0 consumed