CONSUMED. by avaris
Some men make fortunes, but not to enjoy them; for, consumed by avarice, they live to make fortunes

[ about ]

"Tout le monde voit, peu de personnes savent observer - All the world sees, but few truly observe"



[ gallery ]

Shoot for the Future

My Flickr Photos



[ links ]

Sinfest
MIMS Online
UpToDate
It's A Zoo Out There
Mr Wang Says So
theonlinecitizen
Yawning Bread



[ friends' blogs ]

13 hours to love
alvin
belinda
CG
cheesie
cover me in ashes
elpis
gfmozart
jack
jiabin
jonnybaby
lvacation
mezza
plhu
raphael
raymond
w33mz
xiuling
xueling



[ archives ]


September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
September 2010
October 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
November 2011
December 2011
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
February 2014
June 2014
July 2014
October 2014
December 2014
March 2015
June 2015
October 2015
December 2015
March 2016




[ current read ]

The Emperor of All Maladies
A Biography of Cancer

(Siddharta Mukherjee)




[ current anime ]

---


Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Would you like to take a survey?

I started playing The Sims 2 yesterday and it's really addictive, especially since I'm mad and decided to make a neighbourhood of SEED characters. So far I have the Zala family and the Clyne family being neighbours, with Athrun and Lacus both starting as infants and their parents as young adults. The kids in the game are just so adorable, especially when they play with their teddy-bears and hug them! Aww. The only major drawback is that I can't have characters with dark blue or pink hair (ARGH) since the game only has 4 hair colours and I don't have a fancy graphics programme. So Athrun has black hair and Lacus has blond.

Somehow inevitably Lenore Zala became good friends with Siegel Clyne and they started snuggling on the couch, which was really gross to watch, because it just looks wrong. And then Lenore had a crush on Siegel's wife (I didn't know her name so I just randomly named her Laura). The horror. Poor Patrick, no wonder he has so much hate in him. The funny thing was Patrick almost died during Athrun's birthday party because he got electrocuted by a faulty television he was trying to fix, and I was worried that he might actually die and thwart my plans of making him evil world dictator. But he lived, and ruined Athrun's birthday because the television caught fire and made everyone filthy and bad-tempered. Poor Athrun.

This could turn out to be more fun than I ever imagined, really. I'm already going to add the Atthas and Yamatos, and maybe other fandoms like Fafner, Bleach and Loveless. Oh, the joy.

A fun survey! from plhu's blog again:

What name do you prefer to be called?
Just plain Andre is good, though over the years I've just about heard every possible mispronounced version of my name, the most common being Andrea (it's worse when they ask me "How come you have a girl's name?") and the worst being "ARN-drr" which defies imagination. Some people call me Teck Huat or Tantha or ARN-drr-nathan as they like. I don't really mind, but Andre's still preferred.

Have you ever hallucinated something you knew wasn’t there but looked real?
Eh? Sometimes I feel really uneasy, like there's some supernatural presence around me, when there actually isn't. But I haven't actually seen anything that wasn't there, no. I love staring at grass patches or mottled-pattern carpets though, because if you stare long enough the ground starts to undulate quite amusingly.

What is your favorite kind of tea?
I like Japanese green tea and Earl Grey equally. They're just different, so it's hard to say one of them is better than the other.

What languages do you know swear words in?
Mwahahaha. English, Mandarin, Hokkien, Teochew, Cantonese, Japanese, French. It's true what they say, that the first things you learn from a language are how to say hello and swear.

Do you believe in a benevolent creator?
A creator, yes. I read somewhere this very meaningful statement that went "I believe in a god, but I don't believe in god." i.e. a god exists, but that's all there is for me.

If so, do you have a relationship with it/him/her?
No, besides possibly tending to say OMG a lot.

Do you believe in homeopathy?
What I can believe in is the placebo effect of alternative treatment regimes. I do believe in TCM though.

What famous person you really wish you could be friends with?
Possibly no one, because for me it would be really weird making friends with someone famous. There's really too much awe involved in meeting someone you really admire that it would be almost impossible to behave normally, let alone be friends. I'd love to meet Princess Masako though.

What makes you act the most evil?
Other people, in general. Ugly Singaporeans bring out the ugly Singaporean in me, rather ironically.

How much does your mom know about your life?
Quite a bit, I suppose. She's the only family member I tell most stuff about my life to, anyway. But she doesn't know a lot of stuff, as compared to my friends, for example.

What music did you once love but can’t even listen to now?
I'd say pop, like Britney Spears or Backstreet Boys kind of stuff, but it's not like I can't even listen to them now. I just don't really like such music anymore.

What’s the dirtiest book you’ve ever read?
I suppose this means dirty in a figurative sense. I can't remember which book exactly, but for authors I think Sara Douglass is really explicit, sometimes unnecessarily.

Are you a top, bottom, or versatile?
Erm. You don't need to know this. But frankly I think I'm kind of uke.

What is your most prominent dysfunction?
Psychomotor, probably. I can't concentrate on complex arm and leg movements both at the same time, like in swimming.

What is your favorite font?
I like this one. It's Verdana.

What is your favorite kind of salad dressing?
If you're asking me what I like on my Subway subs (there're so many veggies it's like a salad anyway) it's Honey Mustard. Otherwise I usually don't eat salads, and I don't like Thousand Island, though I still use it because it's the only one available sometimes.

Ever had a major illness or injury?
Nope, nothing serious. My mom tells me I jumped off a merry-go-round when I was really young and my front teeth went right through my lower lip, and she didn't bring me to see a doctor. I'm appalled. But that's not really a major thing.

Ever come close to death?
No.

Would you kill a man if it was you or him?
I would put up one hell of a fight, probably.

Would you kill a man just for lookin’ at you funny?
I'd just glare and wish that looks could kill, I suppose. I always think I can whack someone and seriously injure him with an umbrella (or Robbins) but I tried it once on a friend and my umbrella got bent quite badly.

Are you still friends with your exes?
I have no exes.

What do you bring to a potluck?
Tidbits. You probably won't want to invite me to a potluck.

Say one nice thing about the author of this survey.
Erm, nice questions?

Okay, two things.
Great ego, too.

Say one nice thing about yourself, too.
I can't think of anything nice about myself, really, and I've been thinking for the last ten minutes.

Avaris / 6/08/2005 12:08:00 AM

0 consumed