Saturday, June 04, 2005
You make me happy when skies are grey
I am suffering from CGH withdrawal symptoms. Today I went back even though I didn't really have to, to join Sijin and Xin Ling who were meeting our Surgery mentor cum examiner Dr Foo to complete the test. As to why they had to meet him on a Saturday is a story longer than I could possibly tell completely, but which involved a lot of waiting for a doctor that never turned up because of emergencies and delayed surgeries.
CGH is a really wonderful place, as I've been telling everyone who's complaining about being posted there for Med/Surg postings. So the teaching may not be as great as other hospitals (should be better than NUH after all the bad things I've heard about NUH) nor the patients as diverse, and I may only be totally in love with the place because I haven't seen how good the other hospitals are. At the moment, though, it certainly seems like the perfect working environment for me. We even went up to our attached ward, Ward 49, to take a last look around for a long time, and to say hello to some friends and a friendly HO, who ended up telling us how he had already been working for every single day of the past one month and would be working for every day of the next three weeks until his single off day, and good-naturedly told us to enjoy our holidays while we still could. Somehow working for every single day for seven weeks doesn't seem very scary to me now, but perhaps it will when I'm stuck in it.
There's a lady doctor from Geriatic Medicine in CGH who looks like a Japanese actress. Specifically the actress who acted as the girlfriend of Takuya Kimura's character's policeman brother in Love Century. I can't remember her name, and am too lazy to look for it, but she's really pretty, and so is the doctor. And during my last visit to CGH today, I actually managed to see her as well, for which I thank my lucky stars heh. *swoons*
After leaving CGH I met my mom for lunch in Tampines and then went to Sunshine Plaza to pick up the Heroines 5 set of figurines from La Tendo. They are exquisite, and I think the best set of figurines I've bought so far. That Bandai made them so that some of the figurines had additional parts that could allow swapping of facial expressions and poses adds a lot more fun to the assembly. And with this my collection of SEED characters is mostly complete, since I got Stellar and Lunamaria with this set, the two characters I was missing in my collection. I can't believe I have 4 Lacus figurines now, not including one of Meer. I would like to have Dearka and Murrue too, but it's not really that important. I wish I had a digital camera so I can take pictures of the pretty figurines, but I don't. I've been suggesting to my parents that I would like a digicam for my birthday (which is still eons away) but they just roll their eyes. Hmph.
I also bought one pack of the Photo Collection Cell DX Phase relax & tv, and it seems I have an affinity with the EAF Extended (or druggies as most people call them), because I got the one with Stellar, Sting and Auel. Sigh. Does anyone want it? I'm willing to sell the card to any fans of the Extended trio heh. Auel is veritably the hottest of the three, which is why I'm happy enough to have the yawning Auel card. And if there are any Lunamaria fans out there I'd like to sell my Luna card to, but I have a feeling that Luna doesn't have much of a following.
I have a new celeb crush on Ian Somerhalder from Lost; he looks like a hotter version of Drew Fuller a.k.a. Chris from Charmed. Incidentally I've watched two episodes of Lost and I think it's a great series. Somehow the fear of being stranded on a mysterious island in the middle of nowhere with some gigantic monster living on it and steadily decreasing chances of rescue provides a very insidious, unsettling fear that feels very real. I got the creeps while watching episode 2, but maybe I'm just easily spooked.
I'd love to slack around but I've got lots of work to do, setting questions for BMQ. Clinics provides a whole new perspective as to the importance of first year subjects in Medicine, and I think it's important that we emphasise this, instead of just asking the contestants to memorise facts.
Avaris / 6/04/2005 05:47:00 PM
0 consumed