Thursday, July 21, 2005
A good week so far
Whee, it's the end of the week again. I've night duties on Saturday, and for some demented reason I'm looking forward to it, though I've gained almost nothing in terms of procedural experience between the last one and this one, woe (okay, it's because I'm lazy and I don't want to inflict pain unless I really have to, etc, excuses excuses). Well here's hoping I get nice HOs, MOs, and a nice reg (if it's RW again I'll faint out of joy). Perhaps if I'm really demented I'll start lingering around the wards after lunch. What do you expect me to do otherwise, mug?
Specialty case teaching came and went, and verified initial impressions that said doctor is really a prat. Previously I had said that LY was full of compliments for said doctor, unfortunately I was quite mistaken and it was actually another doctor she was talking about (who covers all the respiratory patients in the wards, so what does Mr. Nasty do?). Yup, apologies for that monumental mix-up. Is it just me or does everyone feel that the most productive specialty teaching session so far was the Gastroenterology one? Another bonus point for Gastroenterology! And our tutor rocks big time, despite the fact that we always get fired like nothing during tutorials for not knowing enough.
SEED Destiny Phase 39 was great for the inner KiraXLacus fanboy in me. Not to mention the short but sweet conversation between Athrun and Cagalli. Strike Freedom is, uh, not as nice as Freedom, I still think. Gold joint parts just don't fit in with the rest of the unit, and makes one wonder whose fancy idea it was. Surely not Lacus'. Then again we haven't seen the Akatsuki in action yet *shields eyes*. I loved the reunion between Kira and Lacus, because it is my opinion that there hasn't been enough KiraXLacus love in the series, so it's good to have a bit more of it. Their relationship has been so much of the unspoken type that the overflow of emotion in Phase 39 feels funny, and a more practical voice just shouts out, "Hey, Andrew is being shot to bits out there and Kira's taking his time floating serenely through the Eternal, riiight." Poor Andrew, haha. And he doesn't know about Murrue and Neo/Mwu yet, too. If all else fails he still has DaCosta though. ^____^ [fluffy thoughts]
I visited Sunshine Plaza last Friday, and surprisingly didn't buy anything. The Studio Pucchi figurines are so small! Doesn't really feel worth buying. Right now the main limiting factor is possibly the fact that my figurine display box has become completely filled with figurines (I even had to rearrange the SEED Characters and fit 2 figurines on one stand, but they all fit nicely in the end), and any more I buy will have to stand around and collect dust, so unless they're really nice (like the Cagalli in wedding dress that's coming out in Haro CAP 2, which I'm tempted to get..) I think I'll save my money. Haha I'd have never thought the day would come, that I'd actually be rational about SEED merchandise. But I'm really broke, boohoo.
After some experimenting I've found that I feel more energetic if I get a little shuteye on the MRT on my way to NUH in the mornings, so I've been doing that more. It really helps, because if you feel exhausted in clinics then your brain doesn't work, you can't take a proper history, you can't even examine properly, and everything falls apart. Thus, sleep is important, especially when you have to wake up at 6 a.m. Unfortunately that means I have less time to read books, sigh. I'm starting to get really bored of walking around the same old corridors popping into various medical wards trying to find patients to clerk, and I keep feeling a snapping sensation in my left knee that's quite unnerving.
CMCS presentation is over, phew. I wonder if it's actually graded, or it's just some spectacle for the amusement (and education, of course) of the other groups, I was really shocked to find that the two doctors in charge of my patient were sitting in on the presentation, as if they knew I was going to present on their patient. Wonder if it was chance, or something happened behind the scenes. I suppose the real grade only comes from the report. Dr. GK is really hyper but it's been great with him because he teaches so many procedural and itty bitty things that no one ever bothers to mention. I'm quite sure that we'll eventually forget all the things he tells us to be more careful about, though. It's difficult to keep your mind on so many things when there are so many more things to worry about.
I have a new Jap actress crush in the form of Takeuchi Yuko, the lead actress in Pride and Be With You. She'll also be starring in this new Jap series that Channel U is going to air soon, and I can't wait to see her in it! Possibly she's prettier than Matsushima Nanako. A bit of resemblance to Matsu Takako, but prettier than her, also. The new Jap series looks really promising too; the trailer is quite wackily amusing, and though the lead actor looks ugly, if he's just going to be wacky then it should be amusing to watch, haha.
Yet another blog post filled with totally random thoughts and muses. It's getting rather tiresome, and at times I wonder if I should concentrate more on writing other things. Like fiction, for example.
Avaris / 7/21/2005 06:45:00 PM
0 consumed