Sunday, November 05, 2006
Permit me then, in lieu of the more commonplace sobriquet, to suggest the character of this dramatis personae
Hello, posting again after a rather long period of silence on this site. I think the blog is definitely slipping into senescence and an inevitable demise.
Well, as most people know I've been quite busy the past few weeks, being involved in Playhouse and all. Rehearsals were exhausting and sometimes even annoying, but at the end of it all the pain was rather worth it, I might say, as we managed to put up a pretty good performance yesterday. Not to mention we won best script! The credit goes to Jon Chia, of course, for writing such a brilliantly good script (and maybe to the unnamed person who inspired the central character, heh), though of course he is rather modest about his talent. ^__^
Acting was fun; the last time I acted on stage in front of a large audience I was in Primary 4, and after all these years the stage fright is still the same, heh. I realised it's difficult to work a pen on stage while acting; my hands were quivering so hard from nervousness I had some difficulty putting the cap back on (good thing I didn't prick my thumb multiple times). To be honest I wouldn't have agreed to take up the role if I didn't think I could channel the character adequately, and well Death is really kind of like me in some ways, except most of the time that side of me is kept in check by the part that has better sense and sanity. It certainly was a good chance to release a little bit of that madness; long-term repression is not good for the mind. Haha. Thanks to Jon for writing it for me.
It's quite amusing how, as Jon Chia put it, the motto of everyone involved in Playhouse this year has been, "We're not going to do this again next year". My sentiments exactly. I mean, in the end it was a great and memorable experience, it was fun (in a way), and it brought a lot of people together, but there was also a lot of pain and stress involved, and it really taxed the people involved quite a bit. (Having to churn out a bleeding Patho write-up on HCC while going home late every other day due to rehearsals is no joke, seriously) So, it was fantastic fun, but never again, please.
So thanks to everyone who came and watched and encouraged us, I really appreciate it. Now I would like to get my hands on the video and watch the performance again. The annoying thing about acting is that you can't watch the darn play.
Strange how the mind keeps replaying stuff over and over again, especially bad things. I'm rather annoyed with myself because I did something really silly yesterday (the kind that is mortifyingly embarrassing) and I can't stop mulling over it and wishing I hadn't. I am completely able to understand that what's done is done and there's no changing the past, so I should just move on, live with it, forget about it. But my mind refuses to. The scene keeps replaying itself over and over again and I keep feeling horrible. Argh. I hate the way my mind works sometimes. [This incident has nothing to do with the play] I can only let it play over and over until I get desensitised to it, I guess.
Oh well. The curtain closes, the dust falls. Things move on. A new posting starts tomorrow (Anaesthesia) and it should be an exciting one. Still have the stupid individual Patho write-up to finish up, and we haven't even started on the group one. Patho write-ups are seriously the worst ideas ever.
The cable channel I watch Bleach on every weekday evening is stopping its broadcast of the anime at episode 52, because of lack of new licensed dubs, I think, and it's darn annoying because the story is just nearing some form of revelation. Bleh. Maybe I'll just watch the episodes on YouTube, after all.
I was incredibly idiotic and left a National Library book on a bus, and whoever picked it up evidently does not intend to return it for me because it's two days from the due date now and the book has still not been returned. Seems like I'm going to have to pay ($27) for it. I need to stop being air-headed and forgetting things all the time.
Haha that's enough of my whining, I think. Have a great Guy Fawkes' Day.
Avaris / 11/05/2006 11:28:00 AM
0 consumed