Monday, December 25, 2006
May your dreams be merry and bright
Christmas tiding to everyone who reads this blog. Hope your Christmas day is filled with good cheer and lots of wonderful things (which include presents).
This Christmas is kind of different for me, in the sense that I no longer feel like I want or need a present, at least not a material kind of present. If you don't want anything, don't need anything, and don't expect anything, it is quite a lot easier to be happy with what you have and know that there are so many people who love you and whom you love, and that is enough. Haha I'm a bit soppy after watching Love Actually yesterday.
If there's anything I would wish for, it would be to be stronger emotionally, and not let things get to me so much, not to let emotions rule my head and make me do stupid impulsive things. There is a fine line between being calm and being detached, and I never seem able to stay on the correct side of the line. No, most of the time I'm crouched in the region of self-immolation trying to mimic calm. Haha.
Well, anyway, it's been a great Christmas so far. I am determined to forget unhappy things that happen. It's funny how I keep wanting to run forward and hit that great big wall standing in my way even though I know the wall is there; I can't blame anyone for being bruised, then, can I? People bring you as much joy as they do pain, sometimes one more than the other.
Just finished watching RahXephon, so I'm in a little bit of a pensive mood. I thought Soukyuu no Fafner was better than RahXephon, actually, but they all have such tortuous plots it gives my mind cramps to understand them. Still, pretending to understand something complex is better than not having the mind exercised at all.
Once again, a very merry Christmas!
Avaris / 12/25/2006 01:10:00 PM
0 consumed