Thursday, March 22, 2007
"So Spain fell, engorged by avarice"
I've been looking forward to 21 March for the longest time, because sometime in January I made plans with Zf to go to Hanabi for their lunch buffet on this day, since he was coincidentally returning to Singapore during Easter break to get some studying done.
It was kind of KS of us to turn up at the time they opened, and ending up being their only customers for nearly an hour. I don't really have anything bad to say about the whole experience. The service staff were very nice and happy to serve, probably aided by the fact that there were so few customers around today. I was amused by how all I needed to do was to hold the menu and scrutinise it and then look meaningfully around and a waiter or waitress would pop up beside us to take our orders. Refreshing when you don't have to wave a million times to get the attention of service staff in a restaurant.
The food was of course very satisfying, to say the least. I loved the Saba Shioyaki after trying one serving and ended up ordering another, and another after that. Totally irresistable. The sashimi was not bad, and I got a second platter only to feel like I was a bit too full halfway through it, but still valiantly managed to finish all of it. I don't think I'll be wanting to eat sashimi for a long time though, heh.
Some pictures that I took with Zf's camera: (halfway through taking pictures, the manager politely asked me not to, and said it was illegal. Hmm.)

Lovely sashimi platter

Saba Shioyaki

Zaru Soba
Was pretty engorged at the end of the meal and it was worth the $33+ dollars the meal came up to.
After leaving Hanabi Zf and I went to school because he needed some of the NUS library's resources for his school work, and while he was busy with that I met up with L who happened to be in school to discuss our paper thingey. And even went to look for Dr Koh, and found out that she was busy because she had a visitor, but she still came out and talked to us for a while about it.
Met another friend at Toa Payoh (he declines to be named so we'll leave it at that =P) to watch 300. A visual feast indeed; the storyline was mediocre and predictable, which I expected, so I was watching it mainly for the visual effects (no, I swear I wasn't watching it for the nearly-naked people, seriously), which were very very nice. It's amazing how stylised you can make gratuitous violence, it was even more so than in Kill Bill. At the end of the day I didn't quite understand the madness of the Spartans, so I guess I'm not the kind of person who believes in dying for what I believe in. People who live can still believe, and find a better ground to fight their battles, but I guess stories have to glorify ideals a little. The joy of the Spartans at dying in a fight against fitting opponents kind of reminds me of 11th Team in Bleach, people like Madarame Ikkaku and Zaraki Kenpachi. Nuts, all of them, but amusing to watch.
For some strange reason I've been having problems sleeping after the exams. Maybe too much stuff floating around in my head, thoughts and dilemmas. Life seems like a dream, and dreams echo life. It's not particularly enjoyable.
Avaris / 3/22/2007 12:11:00 AM
0 consumed