Tuesday, April 10, 2007
*twitters*
I just added a new window on the menu bar on the left side of the site, you may notice. It's twitter, a little doodad that I first saw on mrbrown.com which allows you to post short messages via SMS, IM or the simple online way, up to 140 characters, and found it interesting in terms of the possibilities. I will probably be using it for posting really short blogposts of sorts; since I have an aversion to posting short things in my blogposts, this will allow me to post more often as interesting things happen. I just hope I continue to use it and it doesn't fall into disuse haha.
Try it out if you want, the site's
twitter.com. Have fun :)
Seems like it takes a while for the badge on my blog to update itself with info from my twitter after I post. Fiddling with it has made my hair stand on end. And all this while I thought it was a code problem.
8 Days this week has an amusing main article which is a list of 50 most annoying things as compiled by its writers, and it was really quite funny reading some of the items - those things you've always been bugged by and finding that other people get annoyed at them too. It was so funny I couldn't help giggling out loud in the SGH student's lounge when I was reading it; thankfully there was just me and two foreign students. Maybe they'll think giggling is a part of Singapore culture. XD
Some of the more interesting items:
14. Parent-operated baby strollers Parents who tailgate you with their baby strollers in crowded shopping centres, nudging your heels with the strollers' squeaky wheels. Walking too slowly in front of them? Nudge. Nudge. Nudge.
22. People who shout on their mobile phones Why? Is it cheaper?
25. Non-Japanese speaking waiters in Japanese restaurants who try It's "irasshaimasu" (Japanese for welcome). Not "iramas", not "irashee" and most certainly not "mazzz". For the love of God, a simple "welcome" will do.
[P.S. I think it's more irasshaimase rather than irasshaimasu]28. The Slow-mo People People in front of you at the ATM who need to read every option six times before they make a decision. Just in case, you know, they accidentally transfer $10 million out of their savings accounts.
26. Spatially retarded pedestrians A breed of Singaporeans, who, for some reason, are unable to sense/see/hear/care about what's happening around them. This species includes the flocks of schoolgirls who enjoy rambling about in an impenetrable side-by-side formation, thereby blocking an entire walkway. These very special people step off at the edge of crowded escalators and remain completely stationary to deliberate their next move, causing a massive pile-up on the moving metal stairs of death behind them. It's also perfectly acceptable for them to walk up a flight of stairs
against the heavy flow of traffic. Everyone else is going up the other flight of stairs, but you have to push your way upstream? What are you, salmon?
[This was the one that almost made me burst out in laughter. It's terribly annoying, but sometimes I tend to be part of the side-by-side formation mentioned, especially in hospital corridors]
Avaris / 4/10/2007 09:29:00 PM
0 consumed