CONSUMED. by avaris
Some men make fortunes, but not to enjoy them; for, consumed by avarice, they live to make fortunes

[ about ]

"Tout le monde voit, peu de personnes savent observer - All the world sees, but few truly observe"



[ gallery ]

Shoot for the Future

My Flickr Photos



[ links ]

Sinfest
MIMS Online
UpToDate
It's A Zoo Out There
Mr Wang Says So
theonlinecitizen
Yawning Bread



[ friends' blogs ]

13 hours to love
alvin
belinda
CG
cheesie
cover me in ashes
elpis
gfmozart
jack
jiabin
jonnybaby
lvacation
mezza
plhu
raphael
raymond
w33mz
xiuling
xueling



[ archives ]


September 2003
October 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
September 2008
November 2008
January 2009
February 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
September 2010
October 2010
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
November 2011
December 2011
April 2012
June 2012
July 2012
February 2014
June 2014
July 2014
October 2014
December 2014
March 2015
June 2015
October 2015
December 2015
March 2016




[ current read ]

The Emperor of All Maladies
A Biography of Cancer

(Siddharta Mukherjee)




[ current anime ]

---


Monday, July 30, 2007

More Potter mania (because it'll never stop!)

A little meme on the Harry Potter series from grrliz; I won't bother blanking it out because if you're not so great a fan that you haven't read Deathly Hallows by now then this meme probably won't matter to you haha, no offense. I just did it for fun, don't think many people will be interested anyway.

An apology for the sheer length of this. [and customary spoiler alert, though there are very few]

The Books in Order from Favorite to Least Favorite:
1. Deathly Hallows
2. Order of the Phoenix
3. Philosopher's Stone
4. Chamber of Secrets
5. Half-Blood Prince
6. Goblet of Fire
7. Prisoner of Azkaban
(This was extremely difficult as I have very little memory of how I felt for the first 2 books, and thus the comparison between those two and the recent few - like DH, HBP and OotP, which I just read - may be rather biased. And the books at the bottom aren't those that I hate, just that they just weren't as great compared to those at the top of the list)

Number of Times You Have Read the Series: Every book twice except for DH, which so far I've only read once.

Favorite Chapter from Your Favorite Book: Hmm. The Prince's Tale from Deathly Hallows.

Five Favorite Characters: Hermione, Luna, Hagrid, McGonagall, Snape (who is last but not least heh).

Three Least Favorite Characters: Umbridge (but she was good for some amusement value), Lavender Brown and Patil twins (because they simper during Divination which is just ew), and Cho Chang.

Favorite Member of the Trio: Hermione.

Three Favorite Magical Creatures: Thestrals, erm. This isn't a fair question when there aren't many to choose from! And Hippogriffs. And... Boggarts are interesting.

Favorite Family: Is there any justifiable answer to this other than the Weasleys? But yes, love them.

Favorite Villain: Possibly the young Tom Marvolo Riddle i.e. the diary in CoS.

Favorite Death Eater: Bellatrix Lestrange; she's so crazy I can't help but love her. I'd write Snape but I technically don't think he's a Death Eater.

Favorite Non-Hogwarts Magical Building: The Ministry. Especially the Department of Mysteries.

Favorite Diagon Alley Location: Ollivander's always held quite the mysterious air, so much so that if I could ever visit any store in Diagon Alley it'd be Ollivander's.

Three Favorite Spells: Accio whatever, Legilimens, Expecto Patronum.

Three Favorite Potions: (argh another difficult question) Felix Felicis is all I can think of that I'd remotely like.

Favorite Unforgivable Curse: Imperius curse, I'd say.

Favorite Department of Mysteries Room: The one with the clocks and the bell jar of Time.

Biggest Surprise: Harry was -indeed- a Horcrux.

Biggest Letdown: Harry was -indeed- a Horcrux.

Favorite Mode of Transportation: Floo Network!

Favorite Weasley: Haha I can't tell one twin from the other, though I know some fans who actually have a favourite twin. Can I cheat and say Fred&George?

Favorite Order Member: I actually like Kingsley Shacklebolt quite a lot, especially when his Patronus appeared at the wedding to warn them. So cool.

Favorite pet: Hedwig is the boring answer. But I liked Neville's Mimbulus mimbletonia if you consider that a pet.

One Character You’d Bring Back to Life: Lupin or Tonks, so Teddy Lupin has at least one parent.

Moment That Will Always Make You Cry: Dobby's death and burial was really heartrending for me. Even more so than Snape's awshucks line.

Favorite Hogwarts Room: Room of Requirement. (I'm starting to think this quiz is going to have a lot of common answers among fans)

Favorite Class: Charms.

Favorite Teacher: McGonagall.

Favorite DADA teacher: Lupin, certainly.

Least Favorite Teacher: Umbridge.

Favorite Non-Human Hogwarts Resident: Moaning Myrtle is quite amusing, though for coolness I'd go with Firenze the centaur.

Favorite Hogsmeade Location: The place they drink Butterbeer.. the Three Broomsticks?

Favorite Triwizard Champion: Cedric Diggory~

Favorite Triwizard Task: The Maze, if that's what it was called.

Which Character You’d Ask to the Yule Ball: Haha it'd be amusing if I could ask Cedric Diggory, but if I have to ask someone of the opposite gender I'd say either Hermione or Luna Lovegood.

Which Character You’d Like to Use a Love Potion On: I've never been a supporter of Love Potions, they're not very ethical haha. I won't say because it'll just be rather incriminating.

Which Character You’d Like to Use Veritaserum On: Eh? I'd say Dumbledore because I kept getting annoyed at him keeping so much unsaid. Guess that's part of the plot though.

How Long You Have Been a HP Fan: I think I was in Sec Three (1999) when I started reading Philosopher's Stone and went on from there. This was a little while before Goblet of Fire came out and there was all that hoohah over it.

Favorite Wizard Rock Band: I haven't paid much attention to that, I only know The Weird Sisters so it isn't a very fair question.

Number of Midnight Releases You Have Attended: Haha none, but I've gotten my hands on HBP and DH on the same day they were released, though not at 7.01am, if that counts.

Favorite HP Website: I don't really visit any, but The Leaky Cauldron is the one I'd go to for Potter info.

Most Ridiculous Potter Theory You’ve Heard: Harry is a Horcrux. But that isn't a theory any more, is it?

Character You’re Most Like: Snape.

House You Think You’d Be Sorted Into: Ravenclaw (though this sounds terribly immodest since it means I think I'm smart >_<;)

Your Patronus Would Be A: Siberian tiger (anyway it'd be white, so definitely looks like a Siberian tiger haha). It's funny because I did a quizilla quiz the other day on what my Patronus would be, and it said it'll be a tiger.

To You, Amortentia Would Smell Like: Ooh tough question. I think the smell of someone peeling oranges (and releasing all that fragrant zest in the skin into the air), shampooed hair, the dipping sauce for cold soba, Earl Grey tea. Lol. Not an amalgam of all those, but separate distinct smells at different times.

You’d Use Felix Felicis To: Win an all-expenses paid trip (as long as possible) to Japan, preferably touring Kyushu, Hokkaido, the Kyoto area, and Tokyo. As if that'll ever happen.

The Job You Would Most Like to Try: Work in the Department of Mysteries - an Unspeakable! But I'd probably get executed after one day because I blabbed all about it to 10 other people.

Which You Would Rather See — a Sequel or a Prequel: Neither, seriously, I think anything would just spoil the story as it stands. A prequel might possibly be less awful than a sequel though, I'm just mildly intrigued by how Lily and James ended up together when she couldn't stand his guts.

The Movies in Order from Favorite to Least Favorite:
1. Philosopher's Stone
2. Order of the Phoenix
3. Chamber of Secrets
4. Goblet of Fire
5. Prisoner of Azkaban


And here's that Patronus quiz I was mentioning; don't think it's very reliable but I got the Siberian tiger that I love, how freaky is that?

What Form Would Your Patronus Take? (With 10 Excellent Results & Pictures)

Your Patronus would be a Tiger!
Take this quiz!

Quizilla | Join | Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

Avaris / 7/30/2007 11:31:00 PM

0 consumed