Tuesday, September 11, 2007
An ode to the largest nation in the world
Just a short mid-break update on my rather uneventful existence. (The largest nation I mention in my title is procrastination)
Met up with WM, Hope and Darryl today at Central for lunch and catching up. We had lunch at Fisherman's Wharf across the road which is a Fish and Co-like place selling fish and chips at much better prices, and the food's yummy too!
Fisherman's Wharf
27/29 New Bridge Road S059392
Tel: 65326468That's the Atlantic Halibut set lunch that Darryl, WM, and I had, while Hope ordered the Dory on the right. The Halibut are a lot smaller than the Dory but they are supposed to be better quality fish, and they were delicious, if a bit on the greasy side despite the oil-absorbing sheet lining the basket. I got chips instead of the fries that everyone else got (chips are supposed to be softer) and I quite liked them; a very nice alternative to fries, in my opinion better because the crispness of fries makes me a little bored after a while (seriously).
We had a great time catching up with one another and sharing gossip and tales of EssEyePea over lunch; I always love just sitting around with no real rush to go anywhere, and chatting. Makes me feel alive, lol.
~~~~~~~~~
I'm supposed to be studying for Paeds (believe me, I'm trying) but I keep getting distracted by anime and Jap drama.
On the Jap drama front, I'm trying to finish
Nodame Cantabile, which is getting better and better - I simply couldn't stop bursting out into raucous laughter during that episode when Nodame was being hyper-polite (using language I usually hear on Oh-oku i.e. archaic formal) to Kuroki, super funny. I've also started watching
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, or Hana Kimi for short - it's the Japanese version of that Taiwanese serial 花样少年少女 starring Ella and 吴尊; more accurately that show is the Chinese version, because the original story comes from a Jap manga anyway. The story (if anyone still doesn't know it by now) involves a girl called Ashiya Mizuki who pretends to be a boy to enter an all-boys high school to get close to this student in the school in order to get him to start doing the high jump again (he stopped after an injury). The story sounds cheesy, I know.

But, look at the pretty boys! Heh, in fact the plot is pretty interesting, and more importantly the actors and actresses have excellent comic timing and make for a tonne of really funny moments in the drama. Definitely worth watching, and I'm hooked. And anyway, other than the pretty boys, the lead actress (Horikita Maki as Ashiya Mizuki) is very pretty too, to the point I'm seriously doubtful that any schoolboy can fail to immediately realise she's a girl, but oh well, plotbunnies.
As for anime I've started watching
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When the Cicadas Cry) which is a weird disturbing anime set in a remote Japanese village - a mix of murder mystery and supernatural elements, coupled with uncannily spine-tingling sound effects and voice-acting make for an enthralling series though I was greatly confused in the beginning and even at episode 15 now I'm still not much wiser about what in the world is going on. The promise is that all will be revealed in the end; there's a sequel
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai that is airing now, so I hope I won't remain confused much longer.
Okay, better go back to studying for Paeds. Sigh.
Avaris / 9/11/2007 07:46:00 PM
0 consumed