The Emperor of All Maladies A Biography of Cancer (Siddharta Mukherjee)
[ current anime ]
---
Sunday, March 23, 2008
☆DooBeeDooBeeDoo☆
Gah. Super bored and tired of studying so I thought I'd escape for a while into the blog world. Not there's very much for me to blog about.
MBBS (I think it's starting to become a four-letter epithet in my mind) is like somewhere over half over, in my weird system of calculation where theory papers are half of MBBS and clinicals are the other half (I should probably calculate according to their weightage in the overall mark, but unfortunately, being rather scatterbrained when it comes to percentages and numbers, I have absolutely no idea what their respective weightages are). I don't know what I can say about the exams that no one else has said, except I just try to look forwards and not to brood too much about the mountainload of mistakes in the previous papers - though they occasionally pop into my mind without warning to make me feel awful for a few moments. Gah.
The sheer length of the exam is something I have become completely unaccustomed to since my last three week-long exam was more than 5 years ago during the A levels; I have to say I'm really exhausted by all the studying (of the same things, over and over and over again!!). Right now, with the huge gap between the end of the theory papers last Wednesday and my surgery clinicals on Thursday, I just can't find the drive to go on and often end up languishing in a limbo between studying and playing.
Oh well, less complaining about exams. I just hope that there won't be monsters in SeeGeeH on Thursday.
Went out with Zf on Wednesday after Surg MCQs for lunch (i.e. comfort food). We had la mian and xiao long bao at - where else - Crystal Jade LMXLB (standing for you-know-what) at Holland V. The xiao long bao at Crystal Jade are always to die for (my personal favourite) but the soup seems to have decreased dramatically along with a slight decrease in size from the last time I patronised them. And their xlb now comes in five per long instead of four per long previously. Five is just such a weird number; at least have an even number of bao la, it's easier to share. The xlb are definitely still to die for though. The zha jiang mian also feels different - sauce seems to contain less meaty bits, and not as flavourful, and the noodles were all clumped up for some reason. Seems like there are have been quite a lot of changes at Crystal Jade LMXLB.
We trooped over to Swensens' after la mian, and to our delight they have a student's offer between 2.30 to 5.30 pm offering two sundaes (any sundae except for the Super Sundaes i.e. Earthquakes, and the Pan stuff like apple crumble) for $9.80 only. Really wonderful offer haha. I tried a new sundae (haven't been to Swensens' in a long while so I haven't tried much from their new menu) called Nutty Mighty. It's a silly name, but it's contents are pretty yummy - Chocolate Peanut Buttercup, Macadamia and Mocha Almond Fudge ice cream crowned with a generous measure of whole macadamia nuts, peanuts, almonds, hot fudge and caramel (copied from the website). A bit too nutty for me after a while, but I really loved the Mocha Almond Fudge and the Macadamia, and the lovely chocolate-and-nut coated wafer and cherry on top. Sweet heaven!
Sigh I'm now dreaming of more good food. Especially that Hanabi buffet that I'm going to have with Zf after the exams. Haha.
~~~~~~
[Cut for a phenomenal and even gross amount of insane squeeing. So please avert your eyes. Now.]
Being super bored I end up surfing a lot, aimlessly. And I have come to the new conclusion that I am totally in love with WaT!! (WaT being a Japanese singing duo)
Case in point, this amazing, ecstatic, gloriously wacky music video:
It is seriously the MV for one of their new singles. Any duo with the guts to do this kind of MV deserve my unwavering love! ラブラブ!カッコカワイィ~ And they even do it on a television programme, live, it's on Youtube here. *dies in fanboy glee*
Yar, I know, so embarrassing. A bishounen duo (but they can sing la, I'd like to think, and both can play the guitar too and their songs are pretty nice - you can totally see I'm trying to justify this voluminous burst of squee). One of them, Wentz Eiji, is half German and half Japanese; he played Franck on the Nodame special, and is super かわいい♥! The other guy, Koike Teppei, is also very adorable. ♥ I think I spent the entire day watching their wacky videos on YouTube and my Favourites list just doubled in size. -__-; Save me somebody.
[/Cut. Sorry! I warned you!]
Back to watching more YouTube videos! XD~ (and studying)