Monday, November 10, 2008
Have a Kit-Kat
Surprise, I'm actually not dead yet.
I'm on leave now, which sort of explains why I've actually bothered to update this blog (hopefully, I'll be able to update it more than one time during this break!), and the leave period lasts until Sunday. After the previous posting 2 leave blocks of 3.5 days each, it feels weird to suddenly have such a long break. On Saturday, as I was lounging around at home, I remarked to my mother that it felt weird to be not doing anything, and I wondered aloud what I would find to occupy my time during this break. Haha. I have this feeling, though, that I will steadily accumulate a list of to-do's (I already have quite a hefty pile) as the days pass, and I will never be able to finish a quarter of the things I aim to complete. Thus is the story of my life, sigh.
I have, in rather recent news, bought a new computer - a want-based rather than need-based move, though admittedly my old computer which is 4 years old is starting to give some problems with the graphics card deciding to randomly go kapoot - timed just before my leave so I can spend some break time playing computer games haha. I am not much of a computer gamer most of the time because I simply cannot justify allocating a significant portion of my time to a computer game at the expense of other things such as reading and catching up on anime/drama (which I already have insufficient time to do, as a sad result of my incompetence at time management) unless the game is really compelling. I've just purchased (yes, original! Laugh your hearts out, EA) a copy of Red Alert 3 that I intend to spend some time on. As of now I've already got about halfway through the campaigns, and I must say the game, while fun, has a lot of its difficulty level ameliorated by the introduction of the co-commander system where a computer player assists you in fighting the enemy, which in my case equates to being the sandbag for all the enemy attacks and whittling down enemy troop numbers while I slowly build up my forces for the final strike. I am, sadly, not all that great at strategy games as I am really lousy at multi-tasking, micromanagement, and planning for future exigencies. Bleah.
Okay, other things I intend to do (or already have done) during my leave:
1. Catch up on dorama - still have 7 episodes of CHANGE to finish. And I'm starting to watch Shibatora (the downloads are taking forever argh) because Koike Teppei is so cute in it. It's a ridiculous reason, but whatever, I watch CHANGE because of Kimura Takuya too.
2. Catch up on anime - my only active anime at the moment is Gundam 00, but I have a heap of other downloaded stuff on my computer that needs watching, like Baccano! and Junjou Romantica.
3. Watch some movies - I've finally watched Hellboy II that I downloaded some time ago. Also trying to get Wall-E and various other movies that I want to watch. Unfortunately there are just about zero movies currently airing that I want to watch.
4. Computer games - as mentioned
5. Gunpla - my brother got me a Dynames for my birthday that I have yet to start assembling. Admittedly, the work involved makes me feel lazy. *guilty*
6. Books - I've just bought Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book from Borders (the ability to buy books without feeling any pinch at all, thanks to my Borders-Gift-Card-with-tonnes-of-credits-of-!doom, is extremely liberating) and halfway through it. I'm also working through David Farland's Runelords series which is fantastic (will write more about it if I have the time).
7. Self-care - get a hair cut, etc. I'm actually toying with the idea of getting a facial but wonder if it'll end up with my face in a red mess, and I don't know any good places, so, I don't know. Haha! And, this is actually ridiculous posting here because I'm going to end up not doing it anyway, but I was thinking of doing some running to prevent me from turning into a fat glob during this break, but I seriously doubt my ability to run for any distance further than for a bus. I might end up aching everywhere for 5 days after one run. Bleah. But I should try, anyhow.
8. Others - well, my long-neglected pasttimes of drawing and writing, to start with. There's an awful lot of activation energy to overcome, though. No promises there.
9. Packing up - I've actually already done this; tidying up my table and sorting out which of my 6 months worth of team lists to keep and which to throw (because I have notes scribbled on some of them).
10. Pigging out - not really, as I'm very poor after my computer purchase. One or two meals won't hurt, though.
This seems a bit long-ish for now. I'm still sorting out some of my photos to post up, so akan datang.
As a parting note, this
Font Conference video is really many kinds of awesome, please watch it, thanks. Although, one would be rather sceptical about Comic Sans as a superhero. Ew.
Avaris / 11/10/2008 05:24:00 PM
0 consumed