Friday, September 04, 2009
Blogging = getting in touch with my ovaries
There's
this weird website that apparently tries to analyse if a website is written by a woman or a man. Thus I fed my blog address into the analyser, and guess what.
"We think http://avaris.blogspot.com is written by a woman (73%)."
I'm quite amused. I'm not even gender neutral??
I fed my LJ address into the analyser, and I got the exact same result! Including the 73% percentage score. What the hell, at least I'm consistent. And here I was thinking that I wrote different sites with different mentalities. But I suppose it's more of like I moved the part of me that used to be here, but that I thought was probably not too appropriate to continue being here, over to my LJ.
I can't have too many people know I'm secretly a woman what. Haha.
=========
Work is fantastic this month; I absolutely love my team (though C rounds are painful) and I'm happy to go to work every day. Actually I also think I was happy to go to work last month. Must be the thought of going to army soon, making me appreciate what I have at the moment a lot more than I did. When the time comes, I think I'll really miss this department, all these wonderful people that I've worked with, and the patients. Gosh, just thinking about it makes me want to cry. *sob* It's just very saddening that on this month when I've such a rocking team, that I should be away from them for 2 whole weeks because of study leave for MRCP Pt 1 and all. Such is the painful irony that I'm now reluctant to go on leave. Sigh.
And, as a random point, you know I have a lot of time on my hands when I'm blogging here and on my LJ and twittering all at the same time. I REALLY SHOULD BE STUDYING.
=========
I always thought Streptococcus bovis bacteraemia is something you see only in textbooks, just that I had a patient last month who had this, and had colonoscopy that found dysplastic polyps. And a blood culture I just did on a patient of mine on Monday came back positive for it. It was also positive for a Gram-negative bacillus Comamonas testosteroni (supposedly a environmental soil/water-based organism) query contaminant. Like of all the weird things.
The guy also has iron deficiency anaemia so the possibility is quite high, but his heart function is really lousy and the family has decided not for further investigation; even if we find something, we probably will not be able to intervene.
I guess there's a part of me that loves ID, for I've always believed in putting at least 8-10ml of blood in a culture bottle if I can take that much blood. People say they do that and their cultures grow nothing, but I've had lots of positive blood cultures (and almost none contaminated, if I can boast a little) in the past year. So, I do believe, and you should too. :)
=========
Random fun thing to do. Open Microsoft Word, and type this:
=rand(200,99)
Avaris / 9/04/2009 08:27:00 PM
0 consumed