Sunday, November 13, 2011
Always remember.
This month, I'm with NUH Renal, and my consultant for the first one-and-a-half weeks is the same consultant I rounded with in my first month of HO-ship in EssGeeH Renal (back then she was Associate Consultant I think). She's the nicest senior you could ever work with, really friendly, patient, and elegant. She doesn't mind getting her hands dirty and writing in the notes herself, or getting the chart herself, etc., though of course we do our best to keep her from having to do anything herself.
Rounding with her really brings back memories of my HO-ship, and also in part, my MO-ship, in EssGeeH, and makes me nostalgic.
Just two days ago, at the end of morning rounds, this amusing little conversation transpired, after we sent our HO off to do the changes, while I and the consultant (let's call her Dr X) went to see one patient.
X: "Is [our HO] Y-- post-call today?"
Me: "Oh, no, she's on call tonight."
X: "I see. She's wearing her pajamas already."
Me: "Haha, yes she is. It's quite strange, the culture here. When people are on call they just start wearing their scrubs from the start of the day. Unlike in EssGeeH, where we only change into it at the end of the day."
X: "Yah. Usually if you're wearing the pajamas in the morning it's because you're post-call and haven't changed out of them."
[pause]
X: "I just call them pajamas. Because you sleep in them."
I really wish Dr X was rounding with us the whole month. I really do.
And I really miss EssGeeH.
Avaris / 11/13/2011 09:57:00 PM
0 consumed